Compact fuel filter?

Scruffmeister

Advert

Thanks chaps - agree with the points above. In this case the tank is silicon sealed with a normal clunk so I don't really feel like dismantling it to fit something inside tank since is one of my "winter hack" models. But maybe I'll just skip the fuel filter since I use a Sullivan crap-trap on my filler line anyway.

Posted by crispin church on 04/04/2013 10:28:16:

filter fuel when filling up the tank

if your engine putting crap into the pressure line then dont use one and rich the carb to make up for less pressure

the more cuts on the fuel lines the more places to cause trouble

If you think about it, there is NO gas flow from the exhaust into the tank. Well, yes there is a total of the volume of the tank per flight. so say 200 ccs of flow at very low velocity, say 20ccs per minute.

Add to that the fact that there should be NO solids in that tiny volume. If there are any solid particles big enough to clog a fuel filter they will be blown out with the main flow of gas.

Add to that that any solid particles can only be parts of the engine material. In that case a clogged filter is the very least of your problems.