Do you think i should have to pay for this ?

Lee Smalley

Advert

Thanks chump but you know better than anyone nowt stops me from whingeing!!! Apart from cake!!! And no martin i had to pay the cpu replacement was done by McGregor, angry the the invoice said battery was not charged and that was possible cause of the fault, grrrr i had already told them i had charged tx up before use to 11 volt could the cpu failing pull the battery down, otherwise i can see no reason for the battery voltage to be so low

I do wonder if some firms consider the value of positive customer experience as important. I had a poor one with McGregor several decades ago and it still colours my impression of them as a company to deal with - quite possibly wrongly - but hearing tales like this hasn't reassured me yet!

Customer service from 2 of their biggest competitors and several smaller distributors over and above what I would reasonably expect over the last few years certainly gives a lot of confidence when proposing to spend reasonable amounts of money...

Posted by Lee Smalley on 19/04/2013 13:25:26:
angry the the invoice said battery was not charged and that was possible cause of the fault, grrrr i had already told them i had charged tx up before use to 11 volt could the cpu failing pull the battery down, otherwise i can see no reason for the battery voltage to be so low

Hmmm....that's so convenient, isn't it? Looking at the update instructions it is made clear that the battery needs to be fully charged, which I'm sure Lee would have done when following the instructions to the letter.

They can't prove it wasn't charged, Lee can't prove it was, so they rely on the easiest get-out of all - blame the customer.........angry

If anyone from MacGregor is casting an eye over this, I really don't think you've done yourself any favours.....disgust

Pete

As one business guru once said - "all companies get it wrong now and then - its not the fact that something went wrong that is the important issue - its what you do about it that matters". Same guy used to say that the art of dealing with customer complaints was "to turn an Ow! into a Wow!"

Take Spektrum, now as I outsider I'm constantly amazed at how often Specktrum owners find there is a need to send kit back to the distributor. On its own such a need for repairs, revisions and replacements on such a scale could do irrepairable damage to a company's reputation. But what happens? Because HH react so quickly and favourably to owners' problems, everone forgets the issue itself and praises the service! result HH build brand loyalty. Good business practice - some others would do well to watch and learn - MacGregor included by the sound of things!

BEB

That's exactly my point beb honestly hh go way beyond what they have to but it does them so much good that's why people will continue to use dsm2 and dsmx considering JR came to the party late and are trying to convert people like me to dmss i do not think they are doing JR any favours, gotta be a bit amazed they are still their uk distributor.

An american study into brand loyalty found the following.

Comparing two equivalent products from two different companies over a given period.

Company "A" had very few defects and warranty claims.

Company "B" had more product failures and warranty issues but dealt with them in an exemplary way.

The results of a brand loyalty survey found company B had a greater brand loyalty and sales retention than company "A"

Interesting