Bristol Blenheim Mk1V

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got another chance to do some more work on the canopy, inevitably the fit had some areas of shrinkage and expansion so a little filler and sanding was required to loose the edges and get a good clean fit, still a little sanding to do but the fit and look is now just so much better for the effort.

img_5522.jpg

img_5523.jpg

good progress and worked so well that i am going to look at some other sections of the canopy as well as the rear gun turret moulding next which originally was planed to be made in two sections but maybe forming in one is worth a go as i already have a plug ready.

I'm not going to embarrass myself by saying more soon but its good progress none the less. Linds

Linds

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Finally back on the Blenheim, the longest build blog in living history i think now, but i am getting close. Quite a few reasons for delays but the bottom line is some other projects both model, work and home are out the way and with our flying field more suited to paddle boarding I might as well crack on. A few changes have been made including a further decision relating to the wing panels and fixing. I have now finally made a decision and re cut the wing such that the centre section and nacelles are fixed permanently to the fuselage and the outer panels now attached just aft of the nacelles. sounds like a massive job but was actually a straight forward amendment and just makes life easier in so many ways. The wing fillets have now been blended which now looks so much better, next job is really to start on some surface detailing, fit glazing, mold the rear turret and then deal with general installation of radio and engines so there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

1696016174_Blen06Apr24.thumb.jpg.4fe32953672985bff18941acdd50cfd9.jpg

Photo shows wing cut and bonded to the fuselage with aluminium tube spars but pre filling and fettling of the wing fillet, see how horrible that looked!

Lindsay

• Like 10