I have now made the top fus. section containing the "office" and painted up the pilot which is one of Pete`s with the addition of bestowing an iron cross on him, as with other sections of this build i have had to steer away from the plan in order to have access to the servos so it also is removable, here are some pics.

I have now made the top fus. section containing the "office" and painted up the pilot which is one of Pete`s with the addition of bestowing an iron cross on him, as with other sections of this build i have had to steer away from the plan in order to have access to the servos so it also is removable, here are some pics.

Bill

You seem to have developed a little stutter there smile p

However she's coming along great so keep up the good work.you may just give me the inspiration to crack on and finish mine now I have finished the Der jager

Here she is in the hanger just opposite the Little Toot ready for assembly.

This is the one causing the delay on the Hienkel

I had a sneaking fancy you might go for the blue,

Got to have a word with our Tim@modelmarkings for the decals,it will enhance the colour scheme,he has a great range of decals and fast service,he did the decals for the Der Jager ( and grate value for money ( dirt cheap ).

keep posting

Jim

Got round to tackling a job I have been putting off for ages, bending and shaping the wing struts, what a game and I don`t mind admitting the first attempt a few months back ended as a disaster, had to throw them away, get more wire and start again, they have to lean out and forward, any way they are close to o.k. now. Next move will be to cover them with pine strip.

• 3 weeks later...

The "Z" support is now made up and glued to the top wing, the lower fixings to the fus should also be glued but once again I need to be able to remove the wing so they are made to screw into blind nuts set in the fus, the aileron servo wires also now fitted and the centre covering to the wing underside glued in place.

The tail plane has also been jigged up and glued into place ready for the fin to be mounted, my next major challenge is going to be working out how to bend and shape the exhaust outlets from 6mm copper pipe, they need to stay pretty much round at the top and then flatten out into a shallow "S" shape on the way down, this needs to be repeated twelve times identically, any suggestions on this would be most welcome frown

Bill

I know what you mean regarding the exhaust stubbs,on my first one the plan said * just carve 12 stubbs from balsa *

HaHa trying to get two the same never mind twelve,impossible,so I made one and split it down the middle,and pressed each half into some car bodge and I then had a mold for the two halves.

made each half from car bodge and removed them from the mold just before curing and then glued them together.

As you have seen from my latest effort I have just made them from straight bits of copper pipe,little grey cells could not work out how to get the bend and the flare right ( never see them when model is in the air ) poor excuse ???

keep up the good work,I'm still keeping an eye on the build

JIm yes

Hi Jim, thanks by the way for tim@modelmarkings mine are in production at the moment, just had to supply him with a sample of the blue I`m using so he can match it for the shield emblem. Anyway with these exhaust stubs, the plan suggests that if opting to use pipe it should be 8mm but what a spread that would be on the flared ends so I think 6mm, I have plenty in copper and will have to experiment till I find a way, I also think I will go to the local motorists shop and get some kunifer fuel pipe which about 6mm but being a copper/alloy mix it bends easier, wish me luck! indecision

So, here is the prototype exhaust stub, made from 6mm kunifer, the 45 degree bend was done with an automotive brake pipe bender then the lower part squashed between blocks of wood in the vice and tweaked out with a screwdriver on the end, it does not have the proportional width at the bottom of the flair but its as close as I`m going to get I think, only eleven more to go ! frown