key chain camera on plane which ones work from which ebay seller?

Advert

I bought this one and it takes all my plane videos.

At the price if it lasted a month it would still be a bargain! It actually lasted nearly a year before the battery failed.

The expensive bit is the micro SD card as you need a good one!

I did replace the battery (fiddly) and really not much point as it cost very nearly as much as a new camera!

Posted by john melia 1 on 11/06/2013 06:35:46:
How long did it take to arrive i see its from hong kong did you have to pay customs charges on top

Edited By john melia 1 on 11/06/2013 06:37:30

I think mine took less than 10 days, and I didnt need to pay anything extra. I did get the wide angle lens (0.67) and glued it to the front surprise. Check the 'bay for lens for iPhone.

Seems more expensive though WF !

I had the #16 from Hong Kong or China (not sure) and it was a great little cam, I had it fitted to a heli, when I got a bit over excited and did a high stall turn and it fell off in to long grass - never did find it despite searching lots of time with a metal detector ! I preferred the narrow lens to the wide angle one.

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 11/06/2013 14:56:53

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 11/06/2013 18:07:23:
Cool, is that you on the bike Phil?

Do you know if that is the wide angle 120 Degree Lense "D" ?

Thats my youngest, the bike he's mostly chasing is my eldest. Both cams have the B lens.

Cant remember why but I wasnt riding that day. This is my eldest with the camera following me at Donington, same 808 #16 cameras. Sorry for sidetracking, just answering the question!

IIRC RC Groups and Chuck Lohr work with eletoponline365 to develop these things. Make sure you get the 808 #16. The standard one has an 80 deg. lens and the V2 has a 120 deg. lens. Both are excellent. If there is an issue its the lack of image stabilisation - but at that price?

They're good. I have 3.

Ian

Posted by Rentman on 11/06/2013 19:26:54:The standard one has an 80 deg. lens and the V2 has a 120 deg. lens.

Actually the V2 is available with A, B or D lenses. The main difference was that it introduced video out, useful for FPV etc

Cheers

Phil

Missed the edit window there and realised I should have added that ours are 808 #16 V2 models all with B lenses (we have one each)

Having said all that, Roo, my youngest, has just bought a GoPro Hero 3 with all the gubbins for £200. One brilliant new feature is it has wifi so no need for cables (other than charging). It also has a locator - if you've mislaid it, you can call it and it will beep and flash until you find it! It has a decent sized replaceable battery and another nice thing is the indicator leds are repeated on each surface so no matter how you mount it, theres a status led visible. It has a remote so you dont have to physically get to it to stop & start recording, and he has an app for his smartphone to control it too!

So £200 or £30? depends on how serious you are. I can crash & detroy 7 of the 808's for the price of one GoPro! But it is nice...teeth 2

Cheers

Phil