MPX Easy Glider

Hi Guys, My Easy Glider keeps disappearing into the low clouds. so of course I cannot control it. What paint should I use ? Where is the best place to paint it ? It is all white of course ar the moment - Best colour please ? Very grateful for any info that would help. Thank you, Bob

Advert

Hi Bob, I used spray paint from homebase, its called"Rust-oleum" craft and hobby enamel. I works Ok, has no effect on the foam and comes in lots of colours. I find a couple of colours to give a contrast make the model a bit more visable, but they all seem to look the same once its up there!

Best place to paint it? Well...either in the shed or garage is good or in the garden if its a nice day!! smiley

DM

You should be aware of CAP 658. This, as the bmfa points out, is the standard by which any prosecution would be guided. It clearly states that small aircraft should not be flown out of the fliers sight, after saying they should only be flown in suitable weather conditions.

Paint it by all means but you won't be able to cover your conscience if you lose control and it ends up impaled in someone or something.

I had a similar problem with my EGPro - sorted out by using Mpx Fluorescent Red - I sprayed the fin, tail plane and associated last bit of the fuselage, also both wingtips, about 35cm, and another band of similar width on just the underside mid-way between sprayed tips and the fuselage. That way a) I can see it and b) have some idea of which way it is pointing!

Works a treat, better than Fluo' Orange, Fluo' Yellow or Fluo' Green - tried 'em all.

Bob, I'm a bit puzzled by your OP. If your EG is disappearing into low cloud is doesn't matter what colour it is it won't be seen.

That said here's a couple of pics of my EG. Paint used underneath is brushed acrylic, the wing tips & tail tips were done with a couple of rattle cans of acrylic.

Mpx Easyglider Pro

Easyglider

Generally I have no problem seeing the model whilst it's gliding. However I try to time the motor run to 30 secs in a near vertical climb, in doing so I glance at the Tx timer as I think the times nearly up & because the model's visual profile is so small in the climb it's sometimes hard to re-establish sight of it for a few secs.

I've painted the underside of my EG wings in a similar fashion to Pat's, although my outer sections are red and the inner blue. Makes it very much easier to see and looks like a tricolore flying around - which impresses the locals....teeth 2

Pete