Another Ripmax Spitfire question

Hi all,

I've just finished putting together a Ripmax Spitfire.  I used an MVVS 3,5/1200 motor and I'm finding that, even with the cowling mounted as far forward as possible, I have a gap between the spinner backplate and the front of the cowling of some 7 or 8 mm, which, frankly, looks a bit naff!

Any ideas how I could rectify this?  My only thought is to add spacers on the motor mounting bolts to push the motor back a few mil.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has found this problem and how they solved it.

Cheers,

Tim.

Advert

Just to finish this one off, I bought one of the Graupner spinners designed specifically for electric flight and it sits a lot further back on the motor shaft, thus eliminating the problem of the gap between spinner and cowling immediately!

As an aside, the Spitfire got its maiden flight last Sunday and it flies beautifully!  I put an MVVS 3,5/1200 in it, powered by a 3s 2100 mAh LiPo and it cruises around very nicely at about 2/3 throttle.  Most impressed.

Tim.