Rpg, first pusher Gyro

Jonathan Buchanan

After some thought, and some good advice from Rich E, I have purchased my first pusher Giro Plan and wood pack for the RPG from Traplet, my goal one day is to build a Rex XL, the RPG being my training platform as a first step into pusher giros, I am very much looking foward to flying this machine and will report to you guys on my build progress as I go along. Hopefully i will be able to bring it to one of your giro gatherings in the near future. Cant wait for it to arrive now so I can get started!! John.

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Help I'm confused!

I have one of Richard's original RPG plans. It states that the CG should be lower than the thrust line. However, construction articles state that the motor should be as close to the vertical height of the CG as possible.

What is the correct location for the CG relative to the thrust line?

Ray

• 1 month later...

Hi Ray, don't know if you have sorted this out yet but from my RPG experience the cg must be lower than the motor center line. On the V1 wood plan the cg was hard to achieve as the mast had been shortened. The best thing is to mount the motor box on the mast with tape and measure the cg in flying trim.