What fuel do you use for saito 4 strokes

steve-richards

Advert

I only have one Saito, a fairly old 40 which runs fine on Southern Modelcraft 10% nitro (15% synthetic and 2% castor) as do a couple of 45s and 50s that I see in regular us. However, I've seen a couple of clubmates struggle with 82s on this fuel and the perceived wisdom is that these need 20% nitro.

Edited By Martin Harris on 31/08/2013 22:31:37

I used to use prosynth 10% in all my saitos, a 62, 2 x 82s and a 125 but have gone back to southern modelcraft hi lube 10% which has 20 % synthetic and 10% nitro.

I run a 13x6 jxf on the 62, 14x6 jxf on the 82s and 16x6 jxf on the 125, all obtainable from giantcod.

I haven't used more than 10% nitro but have been tempted as I have a couple of ys and some 20/20 mix for them but they've performed well except for the design shortcomings with the 82a.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 31/08/2013 22:35:09

WHile not using Saitos these days. I use Model Technics Formula Irvine 10% on ALL my engines.

I did try Prosynth 2000 10% but for some reason not one of my three SC 30 FS fourstrokes would run properly on it. They just had no power and were unreliable. In fact I crashed two models because of that until I twigged that it was the fuel.

I use Southern model craft 10% fully sythetic (No added Castor) on all my engines Inc Saito and 20% on my YS .I have found that the standard 20% oil ratio is more than enough and get SMC to mix my fuel with 17% oil . The little extra methanol gives a noticable increase in power over the standard fuel. No ill efects from lower oil content and YS 63 has been run for over 7 years with only one bearing change and stiil clean apart from slight staining on the silencer. The inards are still pristine with only slight discolouration on the piston crown.