Another Aldi offer for us modellers.

Depron Daz

Advert

Another Aldi offer? Except this one's from Lidl - though I must admit I can never remember which is which! And the nearest of one of the stores back onto the railway station I use every weekday. The nearest of the other store is goodness-only knows where! (After checking, it's Lidl that's nearby, and Aldi that isn't.)

I actually got one of these magnifiers (from Lidl) a year or two ago - it looks identical. But I have to say I was a bit disappointed with it. I know it's only a fiver, so what can you expect, but the magnifier has too much distortion for comfortable use and the metal ball on the magnifier isn't attached to the plastic lens case particularly well. Maybe mine came off the production line on a Friday afternoon, if it had cost any more than it did it would have gone straight back!

Posted by John Privett on 16/10/2013 19:45:30:

Another Aldi offer? Except this one's from Lidl - though I must admit I can never remember which is which!

That's quite funny John.
I followed the link, had a look at the magnifier, checked to see if they were going to be in my local store then what else was due in but didn't notice that it wasn't Aldi until you posted. teeth 2

BTW the engraving tool set is probably worth a punt for anyone who doesn't have a Dremmel or similar.