SLEC Astro Hog 20cc

Scruffmeister

Advert

• 7 months later...

Parts that don't fit properly. Parts that don't match plan. Cheap poor quality hardware. Wing joining tube already cut before matching wing panels and letting the builder cut it. Box full of wood dust. Poor plans and instructions. Poor design for under carriage mounting that needed changing. I wish I had spent my £200 on the Bel Air part kit for the Jerry Bates plan.

I've always found SLEC good to deal with. I suggest you contact them and tell them strongly of your dissatisfaction and the reasons why. IMO It wouldn't do any harm to mention that you have posted on this forum, bad publicity is not good for any retailer. There may be a production problem or you've just got a rogue kit. Please let us know of SLECs response.

The 90 inch is by Gerry Bates, the plan is available from Fighter Aces and Bel Air Digital do a laser cut part kit for it, I really should have gone that route instead of the SLEC Astro hog. Oh well you live and learn, at least it's improving my building skills trying to fathom out the SLEC kit.

• 5 months later...

Hi Gents

i know it's awhile after your original comments, but I have bought a Sig kit direct from USA. No one in the UK has stock. British customs had their share. But the point I,m trying to make is that the quality of the wood in the kit was dire. So soft on the wings, every time I picked it up I put my fingers through the panelling. Also when building the fuselage the bits did not fit. Looks like the dies are wearing, one side was bigger than the other. Love the Hog have fallen out with Sig. Flair would be on a winner at the moment. Just bought original F Dunn plans, so will sit in the garage for the spring cutting bits out, unless you know a good laser cutting service.

Tom