Nosewheel Steeering Arm....

I'm building a HK Soar as a winter hack (£45!!! Can you believe it??) & I've managed to strip the brass thread in the clamping collet for the nosewheel steering.....dont know

Does anyone know where I can buy a suitable replacement? I've found these at HK but I was hoping to find something a bit closer to home......any ideas??

Advert

Mines nearly done SC.....no problems with the wing bolt alignment although I think I will use longer bolts....the supplied bolts only engage the Tee nuts by 5-6mm or so!! I would usually knock out the Tee nuts & replace them with M6 so I can use nylon bolts but there isn't really enough meat on the Tee nut mounting plate to allow this....

Martin the steering arm I have has a collet with a serated edge moulded into the plastic arm....the metal collet needs some "features" for the plstic to mould around & grip...

Over all I have to say I'm very impressed with the Soar 40...I bought it as a "disposable" hack but its really grown on me...can't wait to see how it flies!!!