How do I.......

Braddock, VC

Advert

OK Braddock, I see.

Well, how very odd. I just went to try to edit one of my albums and I got the message "Page not found"
Then, after half a dozen tries, everything seems to be working again.

So, try again now. For any album, click on "Edit Photos"
If this doesn't work, try "Create a new photo album" That appears near the top of the page.

I'm afraid I have to disappear now, hopefully others will continue to assist.

One thing that's caused me a bit of head-scratching in the past is that if you click on "View Album" from your list of (your own) albums there is no link or button on that album page to add new photos. You have to come out of the album, back to the list of albums and then click on "Edit Photos" to then add new ones. (I could be wrong, but I think this is possibly the issue Braddock mentioned at 21:33)

I sometimes look at an album to see if I've already uploaded a particular pic and if I haven't then I want to upload it into that album. I then invariably spend a minute or two scanning the page for an "Add Photos" link and don't find it. I then either give up and go and kick the cat (only joking, we don't have a cat!) or if I remember, go back to the list of albums and click the "Edit Photos" link.

Would it be too much to ask for an "Add Photos" link to be added to the actual album page ie. the one you get to via http://www.modelflying.co.uk/albums/member_album.asp?a=nnnnn ?

A simple link to http://www.modelflying.co.uk/members/albums/upload_album_images.asp?a=nnnnn should do the trick. yes

Thanks for that, I'll try and see if it worked. I got in by clicking on the maroon bar and added photos, regrettably I had deleted the reasonable one I'd taken. I'll see if I can retrieve it but that means learning how to get into the mail function on my phone. As you will have guessed that isn't something that comes easily to me!darne mk 2.jpg

Managed to get the only decent pic out but added pic before text, shame really.

Whilst not perfect, the pic is accurate enough for the maker to see what he needs to see.

For info the stamps, starting with the semicircular one on the bottom (in the pic) barrel says choke in the straight text and NON POUR BALLE in the semi circular bit. This info refers to the constriction of the barrel near the muzzle which squeezes the shot together inproving the pattern of the shot and making the range of the gun more, in my gun both barrels are the same at about 0.003" choke. The not for ball indicates that originally the choke was in the order of 0.040" and would not allow the passage of a ball composed of 1/12th of a pound weight of pure lead, slightly less than 18.2 mm in diameter, which was commonly used in the pursuit of wild boar.

Next up are three proof stamps and underneath (toward the centre) is the legend "preuve triple" 18.2 is the internal bore of the barrel, which is stamped to indicate for future users how close the barrel is to the end of its life(if the measurement increases more than 0.25mm the gun goes out of proof and needs reproofing) last time mine was measured both barrels were up to 18.3 but that was 30 odd years ago. In between those two stamps, in tiny text, is St Ettiene

On the lump (the square bit) is stamped the chamber length 70mm in my case.

The large Darne stamp surrounded by the 9 small darne stamps indicate the model of the gun, in my case it is the Modele V19 and thereby hangs a tale.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 11/11/2013 07:54:57

Yes Peter, but it really is a great safety feature from before the days when safety became almost the whipping boy of a disbelieving public. Incidentally, all firearms are a version of an ic engine, albeit very rudimentary!

The international proof commission (CIP), of which uk is a member and also the uk well before the EU, made it illegal for a gun that is out of proof to be offered for sale commercially. Apparently in the early 18th and 19th centuries it wasn't unknown for guns to disintegrate upon firing!

I was amazed to find that there are no such regulations in the usa and is probably why they build their guns with masses of excess metal.

Weapons that are proofed outside the CIP area have to be proofed before going on sale within the area.

Fortunately proofing and reproofing is not too expensive if the weapon passes the test, a failure generally sees the gun in bits and a total loss.