30CC SBACH 342

well it arrived today , nice big heavy thick cardboard box gave plenty of protection , so heres a few photo's for anyone thats remotely interested teeth 2 of course SWMBO just couldn't resist this one ..................... it seems pretty well made , and all joints do actually have some glue on them yes gonna have to find somewhere a bit bigger to fly this one me thinks

Advert

Hi John, have fun they are great aircraft! Can you tell me what make it is as I don't recognise the colour scheme? I have a Goldwing Sbach 30cc but I find it flies great on an OS 120 AX. What are you going to put up front? My other Sbach is a 50cc Sbach by Slipstream with an MVVS 50cc gasser in it. As you see I am an Sbach bore! Adrian.

I've have a Slipstream version which fly's really well powered by a JC28cc petrol. If yours has a metal wing tube change it for a carbon one as I bent mine doing some high g manoeuvres and also carbon undercarriage is a must to. You won't stop smiling once you have flown it.

Posted by Mark a on 17/11/2013 13:04:09:

I've have a Slipstream version which fly's really well powered by a JC28cc petrol. If yours has a metal wing tube change it for a carbon one as I bent mine doing some high g manoeuvres and also carbon undercarriage is a must to. You won't stop smiling once you have flown it.

Any good places for carbon wingtube and carbon u/c mark

Posted by john melia 1 on 18/11/2013 08:35:39:
Posted by Mark a on 17/11/2013 13:04:09:

Any good places for carbon wingtube and carbon u/c mark

Hi John.

I bought mine from Carbon Copy a little pricey but worth it, measure the OD of your wing tube before ordering, the tube will come approx 900mm long so you will have to cut it to the correct length to fit your model. I see Stratford models are selling 30cc Sbach's for £299.

Mark.

Edited By Mark a on 18/11/2013 15:53:29

Edited By Mark a on 18/11/2013 16:02:05

• 1 month later...

I have now turned my attention to putting together the sbach , as both the force 1 delta and jodel d120 are now complete . with this model being 30cc , and me never owning one before , could someone point me in the right direction regarding rx packs and ignition batteries , switches , and would I need one of those power box things for inbuilt redundancy .

Another supplier of Carbon tubes is Carbonology.co.uk. They do plain and woven versions, I've used them quite a few times and always had excellent service including when Royal Mail ran one delivery over with a van, no joke! Conversely I've had two Carbon copy items and both times it was a poor experience, the carbon u/c looked like it was actually 90% glass with only an outer layer of carbon and overly heavy whilst the cowl didn't fit what it was sold and was sent back, postage at my cost.

Posted by Mark a on 27/12/2013 13:27:52:
Posted by john melia 1 on 27/12/2013 10:35:57:

I have now turned my attention to putting together the sbach , as both the force 1 delta and jodel d120 are now complete . with this model being 30cc , and me never owning one before , could someone point me in the right direction regarding rx packs and ignition batteries , switches , and would I need one of those power box things for inbuilt redundancy .

I use a bog standard 4.8v 2300 mAh for the ignition and a 6v 3700 mAh pack for the servo's. Gas hanger do some very nice twin switches with a re-fuelling point built in as well (check e-bay). As for a power box I don't use one my model isn't worth £££££ and of course it depends if your going to use some high power servo's.

Mark.

I too had very bad experiences with Carbon Copy, ordered a cowl and u/c for a Weston Hype, the u/c was terribly thick and did'nt have any flex at all and futhermore it simply did'nt fit the plane, it needed huge chunks cutting off to make it fit, the cowl also did not fit the plane being too small an opening to slide onto the fuz', threw 'em both in the bin, absolute rubbish !!

Has anyone used either this or this unit?

As models get bigger all the servo current running through those poor little Receiver tracks does start to worry me a bit...these units seem to do away with that worry & allow the current to flow to the servos without touching the rx.....which seems a good idea to me...teeth 2

The yellow unit will also supply power to the CDI via an opto isolator....thumbs up

I use SM Services Split or common power supply box for £30 it is a good little buy. I have 1 in each of my petrol planes. Black horse Cap 232 with 9 servos and 45cc engine with the power box I can have 1 battery for the servos and one for the RX and a back up battery in case

Steve, those HK ones look ok, are they a copy of someone else's? I've been using Powerbox Sensorswitches in my big stuff and see HK DO an exact copy of it. I've resisted buying it so far as I can't convince myself to put a budget power supply in a model I've invested so much time in.

Rob, I stopped using SM stuff over 10 years ago, distinctly old technology.