BMFA Membership Fees 2014

I see that BMFA have announced on their website today that the AGM has backed a proposal for no change in the BMFA Membership Fee this year. I think that in the current economic climate that is a very good move.

As a club treasurer I know that club members never welcome in increase in club fees, but as an afliated club we really have to pass on any BMFA increase in order to maintain the club's own local level of income. This decision by BMFA will probably enable many clubs to hold their overall membership fees next year - which given that everything else is increasing can't be a bad move.

BEB

Advert

It's nice to see something not going up, but a £1 increase on BMFA and a few pounds on club fees is not much to pay for the enjoyment we have in this hobby and the good bunch of lads we fly with. When a good glo-plug can cost £6 to £7.

I bet their LMS gets it in the neck when they go in to buy glo fuel smiley .

I disagree percy, for £15 you can get coverage upto £5m on an individual basis. my car insurance cot me £30 less than last years, I am all for us being in bmfa, as we are stronger as a group. I think the bmfa charge us plenty. on a similar point I find it very strange that non flyers,and non bmfa members are given a vote on the bmfa survey, regarding the national flying ,heritage , centre. so people who have no stake get a vote on something that may increase our fees. odd.