deagostini spitfire

john melia 1

Advert

I actually built one and brought it back to South Africa. I never bought the offered engine but put a Saito 62a four stroke in it. It flies beautifully and is still the only model I have ever flown which did not need any clicks of trim whatsoever!

I fly it with an Airtronics 2.4 gHz radio but there is nothing wrong with the Code4 radio and servo's provided, even though it is 35mHz. I put a nicad rechargeable battery in the transmitter and still use it since 2005. 100 pounds is one third of the price we paid through D'Agostini. I am not sure what the fuss is about and the jig built method creates an accurate model.

In addition the manuals and historic stuff in the ring binders are fantasticspit port.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been given two of these over the last few years after the builders lost interest,both part built.I have used the balsa sheet,light ply etc on other models so I have a few spare unwanted parts if anybody wants them for free-canopy,cowl,spinner,decals,covering,wheels etc.

I've not heard many good comments about this model but those who have completed and flown theirs seem to be happy with them.

• 10 months later...

Just for the record, Julian kindly sent me a whole bunch of parts including wing fairings and undercarriage parts etc. The problem is that the Spit flies so well that I have not yet damaged the model enough to put them to use. My son is now saying he wants to inherit the aircraft when I die so he too is confident!