Chris Stewart and falcon models

Phil 9

Advert

Posted by Phil Green on 15/12/2013 21:57:58:

Phil, I dont know anything about the model, the kit or the current status of Falcon, but I can vouch for Chris Stewart, he's a top bloke, very enthusiastic and approachable. If you like, PM me your email addy I'll ask Chris to email you.

Cheers

t'other Phil

Thanks Phil but im not in the market for a 1/4 scale moth just yet I was just curious as I had not see it before or even heard it mentioned . I did wonder how the kit might compare to the flair kit for example. It would be quite a lot more expensive than the flair kit

I have just bought a DB tiger moth kit 58 span (hence my research) I plan to build this before buying anything else. But if it turns out well who knows. A large scale moth with that 4 cylinder os engine would be fantastic (but maybe out of my budget)

• 1 month later...

Phil, I am part way through my DB Tiger, but it's the smaller one- see build log on this site. If the larger one is anything like the DB Cirrus moth you will be delighted with it.

I found the Falcon kit when I was looking for a 1/4 scale Cirrus as my next project. I wanted to try folding wings as the prototype. The DB 1/4 scale Moth is a "near" 1/4 scale and did not quite fit what I was looking for. I emailed a kit cutter in the States (1/4 scale Gipsy moth) but did not get a reply. On reading

the Falcon details and the build log that you can find on Rcscalebuilder I became hooked and ordered the first set of parts this week. I don't have them yet, but I have found Chris very helpful.

I am embarking on what for me will be an ambitious project; one of the early challenges will be amending the workbench to accommodate the best part of 6 foot of fuselage!

• 6 years later...