Flair Fokker DVII

Gulp. Just checked the price of the lozenge tex in response from Arizona Models. Covering the wings and fuselage will cost almost as much as the kit. Noting Jeff2wings comment last year on page 1, I may try my own masking first as others appear to have been successful with that. Anyway. Need to actually build it first!! Look forward to seeing your results with the tex.

I hear you on cost. I paid around $140US shipped but thought it was worth the time saved. I'm sure masking and painting would be rewarding but tedious, and I wasn't up to that.

I am painting though. The fuse is black and white solartex sprayed with black and white Lustrekote.smiley I'll be flat clearing the entire plane once I finish airbrushing and decaling. I had Charles at Just1morekit make me a Fokker DVII serial ID stencil.102.jpg

fwegefrar5egt.jpgI'm finally back to work on my DVII. I'm assembling and painting the Spandau guns today. I did notice that the Williams Brothers guns take a lot of trial and error fitting. After researching the guns for paint I noticed I assembled my incorrectly. Oh well, who's going to notice besides you guys? wink

I hope to start covering the wings and work on my engine dummy this weekend. I am going with the older exhaust style on my dummy with six into two. This is because my building got ahead of planning.

I don't know if Jeff2wings is still here but I was wondering if he has any cooling issues with his cowl mod. I did the same thing to mine.

Edited By Bob Hayes on 17/01/2015 15:31:36

Edited By Bob Hayes on 17/01/2015 15:34:51

I don't know of any alternative but I don't think they're that bad if you take your time. 1/4 scale will probably go a lot smoother.

I do have a Peter Rake designed DVII limited run kit that I purchased from Just One More Kit. Their web site isn't up yet but they do have a FaceBook page. That kit includes a wood gun kit that is awesome. I also know that they are working on a 3d printed 1/6 dummy engine for the DVII. But no word on that yet.

Sound? There was no way that it was going to fit into that fuselage Although I do have samples of a firing Spandau !

The flash Electronics were also mine, based on a pseudo-random number sequence - they don't actually flash in unison if you watch!

Bob,

Did you have to buy complete engine kit or just the parts shown? And does ammo box/feed come as standalone part?

My efforts this week have been limited to photocopying specific parts of plan (fin, rudder, tailplane, elevators and rear fuselage sides so as not to damage the originals when i can get time to start physically building!!!