Phoenix Pitts Bulldog

jeff2wings

Not quite sure how this happened as I had promised myself after the aggro with the HobbyKing Zlin 50 ,not to buy any more ARTF's ,but when this popped up on fleece bay I found myself hitting the buy it NOW button smile o ! Well it's a biplane and a Pitt's ! I'm sooo weak cheeky lol !

imga0907.jpg

very little to do

0839644.jpg

the late Jim LeRoy doing the thing he did and loved best ,have a look on Y-Tube ,amazing flying.

Advert

Both my Skybolt (58", 10 lb, 1.20 FS) and Christen Eagle (66", 13lb, 1.80 FS) use high torque servos in the lower wings with pushrods to the upper ailerons. The Skybolt is not a slow model and a pair of 3152s cope fine. The Eagle has HS645MGs but has only had one flight to date so isn't really a valid example other than CMPro setting it up for two servos. Neither of these are candidates for 3D though, being set up for smooth, fast pattern style flying.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone for the Moki as it should give me the performance I'm looking for with this plane , it would have been nice with a 4 stroke but I think 180 would have been needed

imga0943.jpg

imga0944.jpg will use a BCM silencer from Just Engines I did consider making one from scratch but the cost of materials was as much as the ready made item ! I may add a baffle to it .

imga0945.jpg

If your going for the bcm pitts from just engines ask them to fit their pepperpot to each outlet to bring your noise down. I've been struggling to get my moki 135 through our 84db noise limit but a club mate has the pepperpot modification from JE fitted on his 135 and passed so i think i'll be sending mine off for the same treatment. Think the cost was about £25plus postage but worth checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a bit of digging in my archive ,found a test report on the moki and the 16x8 is the smallest prop for this engine , an 18x6 or 18x8 being a good size with rpm’s in the 7,500-8,000 range .Just Engines were out of stock of BCM pitts mufflers ,but after having a chat with them they made one for me with a single outlet and extra baffling , and arrived at my door in less than two weeks from sending my original order ,fantastic serviceyes !

imga0013.jpg

imga0014.jpg

imga0012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...