Blackhorse Mosquito

Kev Greenwood

Hello everyone, after 20 successful flights of my beloved Mosquito, id now like to replace the two chinese pilots that come with the Blackhorse Mossie. Both are out of scale and look like twins.....so if anyone could suggest the scale i need.

I also want to know if its possible to dull down the oracovering thats on the plane, its a bit to shinny for my liking and i would like a matt finish......i would really like to add some scale finishes to it now i have it flying excellent.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Kev

Advert

Kev,

You could flatten the finish using fine wet & dry paper, and just basically sand off the shine!

I would think 1200 - 1500 (used wet) grit should do the trick, but go carefully, you only want to knock off the gloss!

If you really wanted to go to town on it, you could then add your own markings, weathering etc, and then give a thin coat of a matt clear

Well the full size Mossie was 54 feet span (approx). The BlackHorse model is 62" - so roughly its 10:1 scale. so you need 1/10th pilots.

Regarding dulling the Oracover - either;

1. rub gently over with 000 wirewool (better than wet and dry I think).
  2. Or you could try Prymol which is an etchant for plastics - but you need to try it on a sample or inconspicuous area first.

BEB

I am not sure prymol will have much effect on Oracover, its for Solerfilm, not the Ora Polyester type coverings.

I have most success with using an Acrylic Matt Clear aerosol to matt off this type of covering, I am assuming the camo and markings are printed on?

thanks for all the advice, im going to get the pilots first, a friend of mine painted a pilot for my ripmax mustang and its brilliant. Ive seen some of the scale pilots that some people have done, but personally i dont think any of them come close to what she can do with a paint brush. Once i get the pilots sorted, i will photo graph them and post.

yea the camo markings are printed on, it looks good but a bit to shinny. Someone said leave it out doors!!! lol the natural weather will dull it (under a cover of course)

I watched 633 Squadron saturday nite, and flew the mossie sunday afternoon.....talk about hairs on the back of my neck standing up......i only get 6-7 mins flying time per battery, i wish it would fly for hours!!!!

thanks guys

Kev