multiplex cockpit sx

Tartan81

Advert

Yes, I agree with Bill. This is one of the 'unsung heroes' of the transmitter world. I have two, both 35 MHz originally and self-converted to be switchable 35 MHz / 2.4 GHz. They are very well built and the component quality in my opinion is streets ahead of many 'leading' makes. Believe me, I have spent a lifetime designing kit like this and when I look inside sets costing £400, £600 or more I am often aghast at the poor quality of parts used.

Programming is simple and the documentation excellent. I fly full house gliders, autogyros and 'planes of all types and have rarely struggled to program what I wanted.

Peter

I bought the 35mhz version when I built a power plane with a 4 servo wing (flaps and ailerons) as I couldn't find another 7 channel radio which could handle this. I now have a 2.4 Royal Pro M Link and the radio link has been faultless.

Did they mention the battery life above, you could fly non-stop all day and still have charge left in the battery. If you are coming from a Asian radio the programming may look a little strange to begin with and then you'll realise how easy and flexible it is and find the limitations on other radios a bit frustrating.

The only downside is that MPX Rx prices are on par with Futaba/JR and nobody does an M Link compatible receiver.

I'll echo what Bill and Frank have said. I too have a Royal Pro M Link and found the programming easy and logical to follow once I got away from the 'Japanese' way of thinking.

Mixers are on templates for various types of plane (heli, acro, power, glider etc) as well as there being a number of free mixers. If you intend to fly gliders you will find these useful.

Switches and buttons are assignable so you can set them up to suit your preferences, rather than those of the TX manufacturer, (not sure if the SX has this feature tho'.

Like Frank I have never lost a signal and the telemetry works very well. Now that J Perkins have taken over the distribution, Multiplex gear seems to be a bit more available. You will not find many discounts though. If you do not need telemetry and only 5 or 6 channels, the 'light' series of RX are good value for money in my opinion. You also have the choice of much more sophisticated receivers if you wish.

Multiplex have a website through which you can download updated software and also configure receivers and telemetry modules. You will need to buy a special data lead to connect the TX to your PC and this is a bit expensive (around £25.00 if I recall).

I love my Royal Pro! I bought it when I was just starting out and it has coped with ever more complicated planes over the years. I am lusting after the new Profi but in reality I do not need it. The Royal Pro does everything I want.

Good luck!

Pete

Posted by Peter Ward on 16/01/2014 14:37:41:

Switches and buttons are assignable so you can set them up to suit your preferences, rather than those of the TX manufacturer, (not sure if the SX has this feature tho'.

Pete

The answer is no, hence you have to use a 7 channel Rx for a 6 channel 4 servo wing glider as the flaps have to go into channels 6 & 7, the only channel you can reassign is the 2nd aileron channel (5) in Easy mode, but that is more than other 7 channel sets allow (Royal Pro 7 excluded wink 2)

• 3 months later...

• Neue Farbdesigns: Action und Elegance
• Hochpräzisionsknüppelaggregaten aus der PROFI TX,
drehbar, 4-fach kugelgelagert
• Neue Aluknüppel und Alu-3D-Digi-Einsteller
• Telemetrieanzeigen im Display in Echtzeit
• MSB-/SRXL-Technologie für digitale BUS-Einbindung von
Sensoren und Servos
• Sprachausgabe kabellos über optionalen Souffleur
• Ergonomisch perfektioniertes Gehäusedesign (900g)
• Klapp-Display
• Kostenlose Software-Updates (MULTIPLEX Launcher)

Lieferumfang ROYAL SX 9 Set
Sender mit 9 Kanälen, HF-Modul HFM4 M-LINK 2,4 GHz, Empfänger RX-9-DR M-LINK,
Senderakku PERMABATT+ 6/2100 mAh NiMH, Ladekabel
Lieferumfang ROYAL SX 16 Set
Sender mit 16 Kanälen, HF-Modul HFM4 M-LINK 2,4 GHz, Empfänger RX-16-DR pro M-LINK,
Senderakku PERMABATT+ 6/2100 mAh NiMH, Ladekabel

UVP

Royal SX 9 Action Set + RX-9-DR M-LINK # 35 400 449,90 €
Royal SX 16 Action Set + RX-16-DR pro M-LINK # 35 401 555,90 €
Royal SX 9 Elegance Set + RX-9-DR M-LINK # 35 402 449,90 €
Royal SX 16 Elegance Set + RX-16-DR pro M-LINK # 35 403 555,90 €

Cheers

Jo

P.S. No more Royal Pro....smile o

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 13/05/2014 21:18:42

• 6 months later...

Hi. does anyone know anything about the Multiplex Royal Evo 12 I have one & I am having trouble getting the flap channel 6- 7 or 8 ect to work -no matter what is selected for this i.e. whether switch or slider is selected it refuses to operate investigated though monitor with no joy gone though all the relevant digital ops, with no luck. can any one help me with this .

John, I'm assuming that this is 35mhz set (as if 's upgraded to Mlink 2.4 you'd get 16 channels), not that it matters as things are the same. What template are you using?

Things to check

1) in the controls menu you have selected a control for flaps (or flaps +), note on the Royal Evo any changes you make here are carried across to other models using the same template. i.e. if you are using the gliders template and you change the flap control this is carried across to all other models using the gliders template (it does warn you before you make the change)

2) in the servo assignment you have selected flaps (or flaps +) to the relevant channel and in the calibrate menu the selected control moves the line on the calibrate menu.

3) if using flaps + you have gone into the mixer menu and made sure that the flaps lever is an input into the flaps + and you haven't got flap control inhibited on a switch

4) in controls you have defined the flaps movement (also make sure you don't have a fixed value input for different flight phases otherwise that will be the flaps output)