Avro Shackleton build

Tony Bennett

Advert

Posted by Tony Bennett on 25/03/2014 19:15:57:

been told is i disconnect the feedback pot , the servo will just spin round and round.

so if i was to reduce the voltage to the servo i could slow it down a lot.

yes maybe?/

Not all servo's will do that Tony as some have, for some reason, a mechanical stop as well as the pot so choose carefully,

As for the servo slow I'm not sure that will do the job your thinking of with the feedback pot disconnected but a variable resistor on the positive line will allow you to adjust the speed

hmmmmm. will have to have a look inside one.

something to experiment with i think

or just have it swinging a small amount,

now if i was to pivot the guns and build an undulating ring into the top of the fuselage, an arm going down to that would make the guns go up and down as well, he he he

Now your talking Tony, to be fair the only servo I had a prob with getting to rotate fully was a cheap 9g one from Giant shark the only other one I tried it on was a standard futaba servo converted to a winch motor for a boat on a stick channel it was controllable for speed and direction depending on deflection of the stick all I did was cut one, forget which, wire between the pot and the board. however the easy option would be to purchase a sail winch though few of them have unlimited turns most around 3 to 5

That looks to have what I now consider to be your usual potential Tony.

Nice work keep it up.

The point made earlier about the turret not usually making full rotations is I believe quite valid, and it may be more scale like in appearance if its allowed to turn say 45 degrees maybe linked to the rudder so a Farnborough pass (that is closer wing down isn't it) would have it pointing away from the crowd and a dirty banking pass showing the opening weapons bay I just know you'll fit somehow, winkwould bring the barrels into view over the top of the fuse for the crowd