Avro Shackleton build

Tony Bennett

Advert

Posted by Tony Bennett on 27/03/2014 16:25:07:now how the flup do i make the randome go up and down. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Compressed air and a balloon?*

Plummet

*Other inflatable items are available, and some of them are not latex based and are already lubricated.

Edited By Plummet on 27/03/2014 19:36:22

Posted by Tony Bennett on 27/03/2014 19:36:56:

?????

explain

I think he'd best not on here Tony

This an interesting issue was the original really deeper than the fuse ? If so it has to be telescopic, obviously, and the rack and pinion linked to a midi sail winch driven by a servo speed controller on a switched channel strikes me as a way to go. it would take a little working out as to size of pinion/turns on the drive to equal the correct amount of movement though, obviously all that can be fine tuned in the epa setting of the tx, the real challenge is making the collapsing dome slide smoothly enough, but I'm sure your up to that.

Would you like a sketch of all the above Tony ? my CAD skils are basic but they worked well enough for others to copy my wing mod for the tucano

I'll scribble (I mean CAD ) something up over the next few days Tony I will need some dimensions 1 the deployed length and 2 the available space for the stowed dome and drive unit, Linking to the U/C is simple if you have mixing options on your TX, making it come up when U/C is lowered and and still be retractable/deployable in flight regardless of the U/C position

Posted by Tony Bennett on 27/03/2014 19:36:56:

?????

explain

One tube is a loose sliding fit inside another. Springs keep the two together. The upper end of the outer tube is capped. The lower end of the inner tube is capped. Put a balloon inside. Allow compressed air to enter the balloon via tube and valve and the tubes will separate. Release the pressure and they will compress again due to the springs. It is like a hydraulic ram, but without the precise engineering.

OK?

Plummet

Working on the raydome mechanics Tony think I've found a solution that will fit totally inside the stowed raydome and will fix to the top keel it will require you to have a spare switched channel to operate it with adjustable end points, guess thats not a problem

Looking at your sizes the stowed length is 150mm (15cm) and fuse depth is 210mm so assuming you have 60mm between the top of the stowed dome and the top of the fuse, what is the depth of the top keel from the top of the fuse

Phil

• 2 weeks later...