good trainer???

martin rowe

Hiive been trolling the net looking at trainer planes, wot4, unowot, boomerange and then found this, seagull rising star, reads very well but has anybody got one, whats it like compaired with say the wot4, I did phone up about a unowot this morning second hand but it hadnt been touched for 5 yrs umm not god as seems to have been kept in damp conditions, any advise please, wot engine would I need for the rising star or wot 4, any help would be great, thanks martin

Advert

hello martin and welcome from me................ the arising star is an excellent model to learn with and will take you well beyond the learning stage's............check out the different threads about the model and you should get enough info that you need.......use the search box above and type in arising star.....

ken Anderson ne..1 ...... arising star dept.

for a learner they are good, have no bad habits and an easy build, far better than the others you mentioned, buy a 46 size 2 stroke engine then you can use it in your next plane as far as the make of engine everybody will tell you different , OS is best but also dearest

Seagull arising star is a very good trainer. It has been used by at least 6 club members to learn to fly with. A good 46 2t will do it. Don't worry if it may seem a little over powered, it's not built light. Club members turn it into a tail dragger because our field is a little rough so the nose wheels take a beating.