Chargeing E-Flite 2c Battery

LYKA

Can anyone help with a way to charge those 2 cell Batteries for the E-flite 130 and MCPX helicopters? Those silly things little charges that come with the E-flite kits are well I rather not comment on what I think of them I have 3 and all 3 are useless and keep flashing up they have a fault and will not charge the battreries I think the best thing to do with them is bin them.I have a charger I use for all my electric models but can not find a lead that will fit my charger and fit on the e-flite battery connecter .I do not want to buy another e-flite Celectra charger because I am sure that will go u/s like the others

Advert

Hi Lyka.

Sussex Model Centre do an adptor lead to link to a normal 2s JST/XH socket for use on balancer/ chargers or adaptor boards. Just bought one myself. Been out of stock for some time but now back in stock. works well.

E Flite ultra micro EFL charger plug adaptor. SMC-RE-EFLA700UD at £8.49.

Not sure how to do links (will have to read the tutorial again) but it is under "all batteries/ chareger accessories" on their home page index. Hope this helps.

John

Edited By John Tee on 13/02/2014 16:01:51

Posted by LYKA on 13/02/2014 14:49:10:

I have 3 of those silly things little chargers that come with the E-flite kits and all 3 are useless

I would take one of the three duff chargers, remove the gubbins and solder wires to the back of the standard connector (not sure if its 2 wires or 3), and then bring these out of the case so they can be clipped to a 'proper' charger or even fit a standard plug so it plugs into the proper charger.

So basically you're using the mechanics of the duff charger as an adapter.

Cheers

Phil