Praise for SLEC

So there I was halfway through my build of my SLEC funfly and stupidly I hadn't done a checklist to see if everything was in the box. A whole sheet of parts was missing. I emailed SLEC explaining my stupidity and offered to pay for the parts. No reply to my email. However 2 days later a parcel dropped through the door. Not one but two sheets of parts. Very well packaged and no charge to me. Excellent service. I can definantly recommend SLEC and their Funfly.

Dean , glad that you had a good response from SLEC.

I too have built a Funfly recently

img_5017_s.jpg

One of the first instructions is to fit 3mm star nuts to the firewall - did that. A little later the instruction is to fit 3mm star nuts to the undercarriage block - oh dear, only 4 star nuts in the pack! A bit of investigation revealed that the kit has changed, but the instructions haven't and the motor mount is now fixed with nuts and bolts.

I emailed SLEC about this and had a reply from Tina to say that she would pass this on to Chris who deals with kits - well that was 2 months ago and I'm still waiting...........

There were one or two other problems but nothing serious and as you can see it's ready to maiden. Just trying to decide whether to decorate the wings with the 'SLEC' & 'Funfly' decals.

GDB

PS Lots of build photos in my album if you want to have a look.

I use SLEC a lot and can thoroughly recommend them. I usally stock up a bit at shows but have all sorts of bits delvered too. I bought one of their flight stands - painted it up but haven't had a chance to use it yet but it is very cleverly though out. Thought it might save my old knees, getting fed up with grovelling on the ground.

Edited By Andy Butler on 14/02/2014 12:42:54

Yes the service has been good, but last year I emailed them a cutting list for custom sizes of balsa / Cyparis. No reply. I rung them a week later and they said they were looking into it. A week later I rung again, and the chap who deals with cutting was on holiday. I rung again he following week and the cutting list was in the workshop waiting to be done... No calls, no emails from them at all. I emailed them and cancelled the whole order. Again no reply.

I met with one of thier staff at Headcorn in September and he remembered my order, but not really any apology, after he admitted to doing nothing with it.

I ordered from BalsaMart and it all arrived the following day but obviously I had a little trimming to do!

I've ordered from them since albeait stock parts etc and it arrived within 48Hrs, but no confirmation of order or emails.. you just take a chance and wait for it to turn up!!

• 9 years later...

Not so long ago I purchased a short kit for the Bates 1/5 Hellcat cut by Slec, who have taken on the Bellair range. Delivery after order was as ever prompt, along with a fabulous selection of strip and sheet material neatly packed that I had also ordered.  

Now a few weeks ago I made a start on the wings but found the centre ribs were not as per the plan. This showed 50mm holes adjacent to the spar to carry a whopping aluminium wing joiner tube and phenolic sleeve. Instead I had lightening holes of various sizes away from the spar.  I called Slec and after checking their files the ribs had been cut accordingly. It was the plan  that had been updated by Jerry Bates to show a two piece wing. The Slec team promptly obtained a digital copy of the later plan and recut all of the centre ribs and sent them iut at no extra charge.

Thank you Slec. Brilliant service.

• Like 3