April issue feedback

Advert

Hi Andy,

The best thing is to give me a call on 01689 899259 (my direct line) or email me [email protected]

so we can have a chat. Yes, we always welcome contributions but it's best we talk first so we can make sure you're going to write about something that we are likely to publish. Photography needs covering off too.

The answer to your last question is yes, but we can talk.

Best regards
David

Talking about writing for the magazines. I would like to point out that in the caption to Fig 1, page 67 of the April issue of RCM&E in my Sonerai plan text it states that the wire should be silver soldered. Anyone with any common sense will know that silver solder needs a very hot flame which would be asking for instant ashes.
Unfortunately RCM&E has a habit of rewriting the text, (They call it sub-editing) and this was their mistake, NOT mine.
Oh yes, I can and do make mistakes too but I do own up to them.
Peter

Hi Peter, as we discussed on the telephone yesterday afternoon, sub-editing is both an important and essential 'habit'. All articles that appear in the magazine are read through and corrected where necessary and, as you quite rightly suggest, no single article is ever perfect. Often when re-checking their work people have a habit of reading what they think they've written and not actually what's on the paper. We all do it and that's why sub-editing is absolutely essential. Alas when you sub 45 - 50,000 words in a relatively short space of time, mistakes do happen, but I can assure you that far more are corrected than creep back in. Anyway, clearly this has caused you some minor embarrassment so again, our apologies.