Mobius Action Sports Camera 1080p 60fps

Advert

Yes, have two, one wide angle. Excellent tool...................

Bad thinking having the lens cap inconspicuous black like the lens area though, rather easy to forget to remove!!

(Mine are taped flourescent orange stripes round and across, ask me why!!)

Going from car to plane to heli to head mounts, I just wish inverting the video pic was easier.

Thanks Tony, I made a fairly simple mount incorporating a blind nut, onto which I screwed the cradle that came with the camera. The mount is little more than a strip of lite ply, about 6" x 1" which I can hook under the elastic wing retaining bands. I did put a strip of rubber between the cradle and the mount, but doubt this provides much, if any damping. I wonder if the shimmer effect is influenced by frame rate. I shot these at 30fps, but might try 60fps next time.

Are you flying IC or electric? Believe it or not, mine's electric (which I guess will be smoother), even though it sounds like an IC on the vid!

Edited By Mike Smith on 25/02/2014 22:11:37

Good vid. It really is an awsome camera considering the size. It gives super High Def 1080p video. I have been taking lots of footage with it attached to the Bixler2 But I do also get the jello/ripple effect. I have just replaced my prop as some say that it could be out of balance and that can cause it. Next outing will tell - I hope it does!
I see hobby king are selling it too now

Edited By dan c 1 on 25/02/2014 22:25:30

I've just ordered one of these from eBay. Glad to hear lots of good feedback about them.

If anyone is interested, Hobbyking are selling a few accessories for this but here's a tip, go to the camera page and scroll down to where the related items are. There will be a list of accessories and if you add them from that page by clicking the buy now button you will get them vastly cheaper than if you went to the individual item page. Sometimes the savings are nearly 50% cheaper. Don't ask why this happens I just happened to notice it last night when I was picking up a few bits. Just to be certain, the discount carries all the way through to checkout too as I brought a couple of the mounts.

I was planning on dropping a few screen grabs here but as I'm on my iPad it won't allow me to upload.

Went out this morning for a quick test and pushed this cam inside my Trex 500 frame under the battery tray, left the canopy off and made this video, wobbly at first until blades come up to speed but then after lift off really pleased with the quality even with no special mounts or foam, remember you tube lowers res to 720.

Still Uplodaing @ 14.48 say 80 odd mins left so this will keep you checking back ! Cheers. smiley

Posted by Delta Whiskey on 25/02/2014 22:13:12:

Nice video.

you can invert the recording Dave by using the msetup program which is a free download or if you have a smart phone or android based device you can do this with the right connector out in the field I believe.

I was referring to the need to do it from the camera, been using the setup prog since day one, but NEITHER of my Android devices are supported by the mobile prog!!!!. GRRRRRRRR

I'm very pleased with results of my Mobius but my slow upload speed means that any published video is way short of the original quality. I've posted this before but will give you an idea of how much better it is than the #16 808 key fob can I was previously using.

Pete

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 26/02/2014 17:20:11

Hi Dave.

Which Android devices are you trying to use with the Mobius? Both my Samsung G4 & Samsung Galaxy Note 10 have the Mobius download & are fully functioning. I have used it at 'our' indoor site to take video & display. I downloaded the app. straight from 'Playstore' to both of my devices. I have also on the recomendation of therau2000 downloaded from 'playstore' MXPlayer in order to view the videos taken by the Mobius.

therau2000 is the author of the Android software & has been very helpful & speedy in is replys to queries.

Just got my waterproof case from Joovuu very nice.

Rod allowed me to 'post this'. Hope to see you soon.

Heather

Posted by Rod Parsonage on 26/02/2014 17:31:29:

Hi Dave.

Which Android devices are you trying to use with the Mobius? Both my Samsung G4 & Samsung Galaxy Note 10 have the Mobius download & are fully functioning. I have used it at 'our' indoor site to take video & display. I downloaded the app. straight from 'Playstore' to both of my devices. I have also on the recomendation of therau2000 downloaded from 'playstore' MXPlayer in order to view the videos taken by the Mobius.

therau2000 is the author of the Android software & has been very helpful & speedy in is replys to queries.

Just got my waterproof case from Joovuu very nice.

Rod allowed me to 'post this'. Hope to see you soon.

Heather

Hi Heather,

Samsung GT-S7500, Kindle Fire. Both reported in Play as incompatible.

My waterproof case is a birthday hopefully so mid march.

I was looking at these a few days ago. The UK suppliers seem to offer either a "standard" or a wide-angle lens version, whereas the suppliers in China just seem to have one offering - looks like the standard one. However, even the standard one looks to be a much wider-angle lens than on either of my two (very cheap) 808 cams.

DW, presumably yours is the standard lens? I'm impressed with the video quality. And I guess that's Kempton Park where you're flying?

Correct John, it's the standard lens and at KP. The quality is very good indeed, and I believe you can buy different lenses, though as you say it's quite wide anyhow, in fact I think I prefer mode 2 which is at the higher rate but a narrower fov.

I messed around with the motion detection option of this cam in the house last night, and it seems to work well.

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 27/02/2014 07:20:11