Anybody Used Modellbauuk.Com

Advert

Well I tried sending an e-mail to the listed address on the website two days ago and guess what? No response to my questions about what I was interested in buying. My gripe is if you list an e-mail address ANSWER IT! Pathetic really and I am not sure it's worth spending money telephoning the company, but I'll see.

Yes I have!

I got an Acrowot foam-e from them. I ordered it. No reply. Made an error, wanted next day delivery and paid extra. No reply. Emails bounced back as mailbox full.

Rang them up eventually they answered. Model took 5 days to arrive as UPS lost it. Rang them again. And again. Eventually anwered, and offered free next day delivery on anything. Email still bounced back.

Never went back there. Can't think why... thumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Edited By Stevo on 30/03/2014 11:17:59

Stevo,

" My name is Cymaz, I live in the UK and you have one a Eindecker model plane in the Nigerian National Lottery. However, to claim your prize could you please send me your bank details so that I can transfer the prize into your account"

disgust

Posted by Gordon Tarling on 30/03/2014 18:14:02:

There's plenty of reputable UK companies that actually want your money. My attitude is why should I bother when they clearly don't?

Very good point unless they have something either no one else has or for silly low prices, though on that last I'm always wary of the "to good to be true" deals as they usually are

Phil

Hello Guys. Ian from Modellbauuk here

As with all internet based companies there is always going to be problems. My main issue to date has been with Couriers. I have used most of the big couriers but the worst is Hermes. The few problems I have had have been when I used this courier

With regards to my email account at no time has my mail box been so full that emails bounce back. Please make sure you have my email address correct

[email protected]

email is the best way to contact me.

We do aim to offer the best prices on the usual products and also are constantly researching new products. As a company you don't get on the front page of RCJI if you don't provide a good product & service. Our Aurora jet featured on the last issue

So give me a chance. By the way I have over 700 customers on record many of who are repeat customers. I can' be doing too bad can I?

Ian

i have used modelbau a few times and all been good, i have even asked a few questions via email about the MB339 (which now sadly seems to be all gone) and within a day or two all my questions were answered (i knew i should have purchased one!!!) so gives em a chance guys, Ian, from my point of view i would quite happily pay extra for a real good courier, maybe an option in your shipping page for a premium (ie they will not lose, kick or stamp on your parcel as some of them do) service i am personally prepared to pay an extra fiver for that!!

I have seen a few websites that offer you the choice of courier!!

ps carry on mate and good luck (any sign of more MB339s?)

Hi Ian,

Great of you to come on here and defended the company wink Well done.

You may remember we did have a problem with 'mailbox full' - which is why I rang you - it was around 18months or so ago. I will add that once I got throught to you it was sorted just fine.

Anyhow thanks for the replies, many suppliers would not do that so hats off to you. Perhaps I better take you up on your offer of free next day delivery, now that you have changed couriers! I'll also add that the Acrowot was the cheapest I've seen it advertised for.

Good luck,

Steve

Welcome Ian.

There is nothing more frustrating than emails not being answered in good time, and being out of stock of items listed on websites - as "in stock". Not saying that's you, just putting it out there.

Be sure to contribute regularly on the forum and you are sure to get a good following - unlike other suppliers who come on here say their bit and then disappear forever!

I have found Yodel to be a nightmare, so I hope that you have better luck. I have heard great things about parcelmonkey....

Rich

Thank Rich, I'll take a look at ParcelMonkey have just flagged up as an option on EKM Powershop.

Lee, I do already offer this service but only via the terms and conditions using Carriage Only option added to the basket. I see about make the option a bit more obvious.

Cheers Guys

Ian

Thanks Wiltshire Flyer. Currently they are ok. We have a couple if issues with the Truro depot but they seem to have improved. Hermes are ok but really slow to deliver. TNT are the best but quite pricey. It's all a balance at the end of the day. 99% of our orders, no problem, 1% get discussed on forums. Lol