Mr Chips

Levanter

I have been following the Chip Shop thread with great interest and also with a little bit of frustration because I have an Airsail kit and I don't have space for two largish chippies although I love them. I have just been "speaking" to Chris Bott and we agreed to start another thread for the Airsail version. This is the more relevant as ZK Bap tells us there may well be another production run of fifty kits. My personal view is that I see Danny's and Chris's builds as the Masterclass plan builders and I will do what ever I can to emulate them and their co-builders with my kit.

It was becoming a bit confusing who was talking about which version so now we have our own.

Their October start suits my programme as well but I don't want to control anything. I just wanted to start something off.

A big welcome to all Airsail Chippers

Advert

Yes please mods. Tony's rotating pictures sound good. Min is in storage at the moment and I am just about to go away working for 10 days. I was thinking October like the others but if I get it to the house I won't be able to resist temptation. Got to finish Mini Jazz first and then .... Let's say May

Posted by Tony F on 10/04/2014 16:33:42:

Mods can we have rotating chippie pictures at top please When you starting Levanter ? Mine has been started but I need to re cut some bits and restart the fuselage.

Tony

Hi Tony. If you gather an album of photos you'd like to use, I'll change it now and again.

I'm afraid it's a totally manual action required to change it, which isn't completely trivial either. You may have noticed that the time interval between changing pics on the other thread has been getting longer and longer, as my enthusiasm to do it reduces.

I've signed up to the Chipmunk thread and mine is an Airsail kit as well. It would seem logical to run the two threads together at the same time. I'm sure we will all be hopping across to each other's builds to exchange ideas.

Mine is a later type with the round canopy, but I have bought an early canopy, due to the colour scheme I will be using. If anyone wants a later style canopy at a very reasonable price, please let me know. I will also be having a fibreglass cowl made as well (A lot cheaper than buying from t'internet), as I can see that the supplied plastic one might not last long !

kevinb.

That looks good Kevin. Is that the same round canopy you were talking about on yours.

For those who might be thinking about it, here are some more details.

p1050247.jpg

This is what the kit contains (and doesn't!)

p1050245.jpg

Here are the dimensions for the RAF version and I imagine they are the same for Kevin's link to the RCAF version.

Yes it is and as far as I can tell the only differences are the canopy and the decals, though I may be wrong, not being an expert on the aircraft.

I bought mine as a "started" kit. Needless to say it will have to be taken to bits again as the fuselage is not quite straight and the wing bears a resemblance to another Australian flying export !

Hiya, ZK BAP powers his Airsail Chippie with a ASP61FS, says it's quite adequate, have a look at page 13 on the Chip Shop thread to see the rest of what he has to say. Think I've seen somewhere about an 8lb Airsail Chippie using lower power units.

Page 8 Chip Shop,nr the bottom, Martin Harris. 8.5lb, OS52fs, takeoff on 1/2 throttle or less!

Edited By Glenn Stratton on 10/04/2014 22:29:01

Edited By Glenn Stratton on 10/04/2014 22:32:03