BP Defiant build

Advert

Tony, I just received a plan and short kit from Laser Design Services, great wood and plan, good value. 74" exact scale, there is not a lot of info around, RMC&E do a line drawing pack, which by the sound of it you have. There is a Book/file from Amason but at $A294.00, but too much for me

Cheers, keep at it.

Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 25/05/2014 00:08:07

right gents.

i took a tracing of the drawing out to the shed and found a sheet of 3mm balsa and some offcuts of 3mm lite ply.

Now it is not a scale model but just a fun fly version that resembles the defiant and is quick and easy to build.

hence the flat sides, top and bottom.

3s electric with a 300watt motor, no u/c and just elevator and ailerons.

the next job was to take some scrap bits of 6mm balsa and cut out the fin and rudder.

then you need to glue 4 bits of 6mm together and carve into the shape of the canopy.

do the same with the gun turret and make up the tail fairing.

glue it all on and run a small amount of filler along the joints.

we have a Boulton Paul Defiant look alike now.

Wings are the next job.

Are you by any chance hoping to get in the Guinness record book for the fastest designed built and flown model sir. Judging by the rate of knots you are going it will probably be finished by tomorrow afternoon laugh

How about on of these next? Its on my to do list but that list is so long I recon I’ll be in my eighties before I get around to it hahaha

fairey fulmar mk1.jpg

fairey fulmar mk1 2 .jpg

hmmmm. next on the list then sir for a cartoon scale model.

sorry about the flap gents, i still had my scale head on where everything has to be the right size. i forgot this was a cartoon scale model. blush

right i have sorted my wing problem, decided to split the difference between the scale and un scale wing and settled on a 30" wingspan.

any way i have drawn up and cut out the tailplane and rudders.