wing servo cover?

Many ARTF models mount the wing servo under the wing as in the photo.

now exposed to dirt and water from wheels, oil from engine and more water if you add floats that are an option on many of these models.

a simple plastic cover would help.

Is such a thing available?

Advert

You cold make a wood mould on a base and press out your own using acetate sheet. It takes a few times to get right but it is quite easy to do.

The other thing to do is get the blister packs from a DIY superstore that holds the small packs of screws, nails etc. they are roughly the right size. 

Edited By cymaz on 25/05/2014 17:42:28

Posted by Stevo on 25/05/2014 18:30:45:

I agree - would look better with a cover. Having said that, I've flown a few models like that and never suffered a servo problem from ingress of any kind....

I wanted to try floats and wondered it would be better if they had some protecton

OH! Ooops. Sorry Phil. 1st rule of replying - read the post.

Anyone got a 3D printer? I dare say one could fabricate something from 0.5mm ply and balsa? But not as good looking as a moulded unit. Or perhaps a vacuum press? Nice little earner possibly here?

Have a good look around the workshop and the house - its amazing what you can find that will do a job like this with a little fettling. The plastic boxes that Futaba servos come in. The moulded acetate covers that are stapled to a card backing on lots of things you buy. Deodorant bottle lids. Easter egg packaging! Plastic pencil cases. The rectangular containers that some yoghurts come in. Actually, looking in a drawer I've just found a great one - the plastic packaging surrounding a pack of six AA batteries on a card! You're bound to find something if you have a good root around - just remember to ask SWMBO if it's hers!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/05/2014 18:57:34

• 6 years later...