Glenn's Chippie, WP790.

Glenn Stratton

Hi, first off please Mods, can I have my picture at the top of the page like Chip Shop page. (Done - CB)

I started building Airfix kits when I was 8, joined the Cadets at 13 and started freeflight balsa bashing, this lasted until I left the ATC. While I continued gluing plastic I couldn't afford the balsa modelling, cars and girls!

After failed marriage and relationships I returned home to Mum briefly in 1994ish, where upon I joined Ivel MAC in Bedfordshire, brought & built and learned to fly a Flair Cub(which is still airworthy!) powered by Saito 40S, guided by Fleet and gained my A Certificate. Moved to Somerset and built the Flair Volture, not successful being underpowered but still have it to revamp! Moved back to Bedfordshire and joined Old Warden MAC. I have brought a Seagull Spacewalker(Saito 65) and upgraded to Hitec 2.4 Auroa9 and hope to do the B cert, before the Chippie is finished!

I have in my possession the plan, laser cut parts, cowl & canopy and have purchased the hardwood & wire. Being a capable person, I enjoy building and look forward, during the Chippie build, to learning how to plank and picking up tips/doing some scale detailing, in preparation to building Dennis's Magister and Avro Tutor, but then again I might build DB sportandscale 1/6 scale Tigermoth!

I hope I haven't rambled on tooo long and you get an insight of my aims and aspirations!!

Edited By Glenn Stratton on 27/05/2014 16:19:28

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 27/05/2014 16:32:30

Advert

Hi Danny, no, not your eyesight, this photo was reportedly taken on 28th May 1978 at RAF Bassingbourn, I think it looks quite smart with the white greenhouse! One bit of history I have found, WP790 became G-BBNC in 1973 and withdrawn from use in 1974, but a picture taken in1973 at Rush Green, shortly in my album, showing it with white canopy (I think) in a sorry state! Now it is at DH Museum, London Colney, looking good having had a refurb!

Hoping that one of the mask/transfer makers will be able to reproduce the crest!

Thanks for commenting.

Glenn.

ps, thank you Chris B, looks good! yes

Edited By Glenn Stratton on 27/05/2014 17:28:40

• 4 weeks later...

wheels for my chippie.While I was near Kings Lynn Models I thought I'd pop in, had a browse through their wheel bins and found these. While not accurate/scale they are close enough and I can live with them, I think! One was in a bag with different axle adaptors the other loose with just the one size fitted, asked if they are getting anymore in and told that these two were the last.