Would you upgrade from V4 to V5?

Romeo Whisky

I know there are existing threads re the Phoenix Sim but old threads with lots of postings tend to get ingnored as time goes by, and I really need a quick answer.

I've just bought Phoenix Flight Sim V.4 which comes with free upgrade to V.5. However there's so much negative feedback on earlier threads about V.5 in this thread that it's putting me off installing the upgrade.

However some time has elapsed since V.5 was first launched and maybe its teething troubles have now been ironed out??? I know Phoenix is popular which is why I bought it, so I'm sure many will have experienced both versions.

What do you reckon guys - should I download V.5 or just stick with V.4??

Advert

V5 has now reached V5.0.q and on the whole seems to be very much improved on what it was.

In fact I currently only have one gripe, which may or may not be phoenix problem though I think it probably is because it happened on my previous WinXp machine and that is that it often crashes if models are edited whilst in multiplayer (online) mode. I hoped that my new Win8.1 machine would solve the problem but it hasn't.

On the whole I think my deicsion now would be to upgrade.