D-Day 70th Anniversary

Pete B

An event which changed the course of history and which had an effect on all of us here, whether we were about at the time or not, so I don't think we should let it pass without comment.

Some very powerful memories broadcast on the BBC programme today.

Regardless of how the world has developed since, I believe we owe a debt of gratitude to all those involved - they gave us the chance to make our own lives, futures or mistakes as the case may be.

Thank you.....

Pete

I'd like to endorse what you've said Pete. The BBC coverage has been excellent and moving at times.

One complaint. Why oh why does the Prince of Wales use these occasions to turn up in a uniform of a rank he's never attained, sporting a chest of medals he's never earned? He looks more comical than impressive.

I don't know how he has the nerve to look these brave veterans in the eye.

Couldn't agree more, they will never ever be forgotton, time and centuries will roll by but the story of ww2 will always be told.

I've no idea what the parents of out brave lads must have felt watching their boys going to war, and not seeing them again for years, or worse still never seeing them again.

I can only relate to how i felt when my son went off to Afghanistan, and that was only for 6mth.