Vintage C of G? Is it right?

Hi gents and ladies. I have saved a gorgeous 3ch oldie from the 'spares or repairs' corner of the club caravan and electrified it, and am trying to sort the CG point. I do not know what the plane is, so have used an online calculator that I have used before to find a starting point. It just looks so wrong to me as it is so far forwards!? Does this look right to you? the wingspan is 1280mm and the cord is 190mm. The resulting CG from the calculator is coming out at 36mm from LE, which is where the bit of tape is.

img_9548.jpg

Maybe this is 'normal, for vintage designs, and it is just I have not worked on one before?

img_9545.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Cheers, Simon

Advert

there will no doubt be more informed folk along soon, but the cg would have been much further back as a FF model, and i agree it do look to far forward, i would go for 25 to 30% of chord and see how it flies then tweak to suit,

chris

It certainly looks way too far forward to me.

With the c of g that far forward, plus the amount of 'church-roof' added to achieve it, I don't think the poor thing would ever get off the ground!

It looks to be a very conventional model, I'd recheck the figures you put into the online calculator - or try a different calculator.

Thanks for the feedback there folks, When I worked it out I had a 'Is it me?' moment as it looked completely wrong. Not just me then, good to know. I will try a few calculators and if that does not work I will go for the '25 - 30%' of cord trick.

Many thanks, Simon