Phils build

G-YRUS

I have been flying 5 or 6 years now. I don't have any family history around aeromodeling but have always been fascinated by aeroplanes. Now I have a little more time scale is my ambition. Having suffered the woes of ARTFs I am convinced building your own is the way to go as I have spent so much time sorting out ARTFs I could have built several models. Asking around at our patch (Flying Druids at Rollestone) where we have close scale ties I think the Chipmunk was suggested as a first good scale model. I had already bought my set of parts and stumbled across this by accident but thought heck lets get involved. I'm self employed so time can be at a premium and I don't plan to get drawn into a race. I am happy to be last to finish if that's what it takes as I am not a quick builder although I am not on this model going to get bogged down with rivet counting. I want my Chippy to be a regular flyer that gets noticed. I am aiming for interesting scale fidelity without to much fuss. My colour scheme which might be open to change is civil as I thought it would be a bit different and simply found on the web. Electric power is the plan as its just so clean and convenient.

Great stuff Phil, hopefully we can (as a group) cover all levels of detailing. What you hope to achieve is very similar to several peoples ambitions for this build. I know Chris B doesn't want to get overly bogged down in detail so hopefully between us and the other builders we will end up with some lovely models smile p

Cheers

Danny