Easy Glider Pro V Radian Pro

Hi Guys,

Having learnt on an Easy cub and then moved onto a Riot (it is a riot to)

I am now thinking of getting an electric powered glider with ailerons, but which one. The foam quality of the Multiplex Easy Cub is better than the riot, is this the case with the Radian Pro? The Radian Pro is a good price when compared to the Easy Glider Pro RR. However, not seen either in action.

Any advise on which to get?

Bob J

From what I hear the original radian was better than the pro.

The pro is okay, but I think the fuselage is too bendy and it just has several issues that need addressing (i,e stiffen the fuselage). The EG is a pretty well sorted model. I had the "normal" EG - the non "pro". I wasn't in love with the elevator linkage but I don't know if it is better on the EG pro.

Edited By Tom Satinet on 17/06/2014 10:30:39

I have an EG Pro as a glider and it's very good, several years old, has survived a mid air and crashing into the slope when some idiot blush forgot to switch the Rx on before chucking it off, friends Radian Pro bent when left in the car in the sun................

We also have several HYPE Relax electric gliders in the club and I rate these higher than the Radian Pro.

Solius is a different class up again, and has a fair turn of speed

I bought a radian about 4 or 5 years ago, very pleased with it. It's the only plane I've ever been able to fly back to me and catch rather than land.

On the strength of it I also bought the radian pro but have yet to even asseble it.

I think they both need setting up carefully and respond extremely well to an aft centre of gravity, well the ordinary one did.

At Day's end I think I paid the same for both in total as the cost of a fully kitted out EGP.

The radian has been my first electric model and a battery can make it fly as long as the arthritis in my neck allows.

I have a multiplex merlin and tbh can't see much difference in the quality, but the merlin is anything but relaxing to fly, but we're talking chalk and cheese here.

I'd say find which one is available then get the cost of kitting out the EGP with the correct powerplant and some good quality servos then decide which you prefer.

There's oodles of stuff on the web re tuning the radian and radian pro to make them more efficient gliders but, tbh, they can outfly me anyday.

I don't think you'll be disappointed which one you'll choose.

• 2 months later...

I have a battered rekitted/rebuilt Graupner Easy Star and it will out fly my Radian Pro which was a bit of a pig with its old fuselage. New fuse reinforced with rods in the rear fuse and the finpost plus going to a direct elevator servo, 'T' tail and moving the C of G back to 70mm has made it a bit better, more work to do yet to make it behave properly. The easy star has a hot motor and with go vertical and roll all the way up if I want it to and it just sits up there smooching about.

EGPro every time, for value for money knit your own though. The Solius is nice, but is the next step on the learning ladder, especially landing, it floats on and on in ground effect.

The EGPro is the plane you fly wearing your L plates, once you're really flying the thing, then get a Solius.

• 2 months later...

Well I went for the EGPro, easy to put together, using 2S 2000 lipos. Set it up with both ailerons going up on flap switch (on advise from my mate the Air Commodore) to help with landing, it stills floats on and on in ground effect!!!

A bit of a difference to flying my other planes, yes do need L plates, it climbs very fast needing a touch of down elevator to stop it going vertical, just using rudder & elevator to keep it up there. Moved the Cof G back and now flys better. Need more practice to land it on the strip and not at the end.

Great fun, think I might like this gliding lark.