Another workshop / garage / man cave thread

Advert

Going to be some sort of Z bent steel covered in pipe insulation screwed into the trusses which will hold the models under the wings. Biggest (at the moment) is a Wot 4 XL, and with the depth of the trusses most of the tailplane will sit between them out of the way. Will need to look carefully at where the strip lights are going to be placed.

If the room is high enough - and this is the case - you can also store smaller models ( her I mean less than 1.8m span or whatever your space is) assembled under the roof. Good for foamies, brings them out of the way and makes less hangar rush. I have posted this solution before as some of the readers may remember. I made a plywood bracket which can be made individual for every plane but it may also take a range of similar planes. Have a look as a photo describes it much better than text.

Storage 2

Storage

Garage

this was in my garage in Italy some years ago, now I have a bit less space but I still have the foamies hanging as this is in my opinion a good way to store these delicate models.

VA

Doing fitting out buying at the mo, like the look of these on ebay

They are 1.2m wide, so I think 2 of them wall mounted will be enough

One of these:

2 lots of these, 1 set at 1/2 height, so will give me benches under the blue wall cabinets

Just leaves me with sorting out the main workbench, which I am still unsure of.

Roof felted & battened, roof tiles start going on tomorrow after a tidy up first thing.

Just ordered roller shutter door for the front, sparky has been round to look today also. Local handyman chap is coming over later as I am getting him to self level the floor (I am rubbish at floating concrete!) and do the epoxy floor coating. Oh and the tool box stuff arrives friday! All done in 3 weeks.....maybe

Edited By Steve_Wright on 18/11/2014 16:36:44

• 3 weeks later...

front roller shutter door now finished, floor chap is coming tuesday to level/seal it, then epoxy painting it week before xmas. Walls are getting painted this weekend if lazy offspring #1 gets out of bed dont know. Kingspan for the roof comes next week too, sods law the spacings between the trusses are 50cm and the kingspan comes in 120cm widths, going to have a lot off offcuts, may stick it in the attic as extra insulation. Can move my planes in once the kingspan is fitted