spektrum ar7000

john melia 1

Advert

Ouch John, tough question, I could see it working ok on the ground then possibly loosing signal once at a certain distance or angle. I'd try putting it into a simple slow foamy and see how that works , though I'd still be thinking of replacing it with a newbie. You're cub would appreciate it more . It would always be on the back of my mind. What if?

Good luck and happy flying

scotti

Isn't that the point of the system; to reduce the chance of a diaster if one aerial loses the Tx signal?

In my mind you still have three (and a 1/4) aerials that are available and considering you can use the Rx without the satelite unit I would guestimate that it would be perfectly fine as long as you use the satellite unit.

Have you done a range check?

Edited By John F on 07/08/2014 16:14:40

I could be wrong..and probably am..but isn't part of the antenna covered with a braided shield?

I know the Futaba receivers have this and therefore substituting an equivalent length of normal cable is no good. The braided shield changes the effective length of the antenna (i.e. where the braid is over the inner core of the cable then the antenna is totally screened from the RF signal.)

Perhaps the AR7000 doesn't have this, as the antennas look much shorter, but better safe than sorry and perhaps someone else can confirm.

Hi John, don't risk what looks a really nice model with a home repair on the receiver. I am sure I read somewhere that aerial wire is something special. A few weeks ago I sent two receivers to horizon to get checked out, all sorted excellent service and back to me in four working days. Go on mate send it back you don't want to end up kicking yourself do you. wink

The antennas on these are just a (1/4 wave) length of wire. If you are comfortable with your soldering and the accuracy of your measuring then it should be fine.

To protect the antenna you can push a suitable length of plastic sleeving onto the nipple protruding from the case to support the antenna.

Antenna wire can be improved if silver plated, but these ain't.

Shaunie