How to 'unwarp' a polystyrene wing?

Yorkman

I've recently built an old Flying Styro TA-7C Corsair II, and after a few flights I discovered that the stbd wingtip is twisted up in relation to the port, hence the exciting first few seconds of its maiden flight!

**LINK**

If I leave it overnight suitably weighted, I can change its angle of attack, but it doesn't last more than a few hours. The wings are moulded polystyrene, upper and lower surfaces joined at the factory with a thin ply/balsa spar fitted by me.

Has anyone got any tips on how to 'lock' a new shape into the wing? Would be nice to have the ailerons at neutral!

Hello Yorkman - after seeing your video of the plane in action, ( nice looking model by the way ) all I would do is use some tape, you managed to fly so I think it must only be a small correction is needed to be made

Because the model is coloured use some clear adhesive tape like -diamond tape of similar - and put this on top or on the bottom to get the movement you want. So from wing tip to a stout thick part of the wing is where your going to put the tape, to twist it a little, tape it on the tip - tension it - then attach the rest of the tape run, check for straightness.