Aussie Bronze wings

Achieved bronze wings today( A test equivalent) so I am glad to be a recognised solo flyer by a registered aero-modelling body.

all the lonely flying days on hills and in paddocks in the past were fun and enjoyable but gee it puts a smile on your face when you achieve a milestone in front of clapping and cheering club members.

I only joined the club a few short months ago and what a blast; as I am the only mode 1 flyer in the club I get a few jokes thrown my way (mode 1 and can land, that's odd) so I know I fit in just right.

Good on ya Sport...

If they're taking the wotsit it sounds like you've fitted in with a good club - some light-hearted banter is one of the best aspects of club flying and if it's combined with readily available help and modelling support then its a compelling reason for joining one!

What is even more impressive than using the wrong hands for elevator and throttle is you do it all standing upside down!

Edited By Martin Harris on 19/10/2014 11:29:55

well done bbcwink, i took my a test without any warning at a club i was visiting in wales, where my brother flew. the examiner arrived to fly his helicopter and my brother badgerred him to do my test. i got told to get my plane ready as every other pilot landed so they could criticise every move i madeblush. the examiner had never seen my flying but asked the other pilots if they thought i was readysurprise lots of nodding heads so that was it off we go.knee's knocking i thought what the hell its not costing me nought i will go for it. flew better and more precise than i everdid before and passed with many cheers from the critics god bless them

Thank you all gentlemen

should have done this many years ago, The comfort in the knowledge that I am properly insured by a national body if something goes wrong, the chance to fly something a bit larger and ic again,and a site that doesn't have wandering phone texters with dogs crossing my path will put me at ease.

The club has 30 members with 15 dedicated regulars (65 year old retired teenagers) 4 new members joined in the last few months so the club instructor and gold wing members are all giving support and all important advice.

happy days.