NYE JETS kero burn July 11/12 2015

Advert

Tomorrow will see the start of the first Nye jets kero burn event that will take place at Throckmorton airfield in Worcester. Thank you to all those who have booked in, the response has exceeded my expectations prompting me to look into dates for next year and the possibility of two Nye jets events for 2016.

The blue gate in the north east corner of the field is the only entry and exit point that we will be using. This gate is on Long Lane which intersects the old main runway (see map) The post code WR10 2JH will take you to the main gate and with the main gate on your right, the blue access gate is a few hundred yards up the road on the right hand side before you get to the bush lined part of the road leading to the village.

This gate will be manned on both days from 0800, checking in all entrants. Please do not turn up on the day unannounced, as you will be refused entry.

FOR THOSE THAT WILL BE CAMPING, THERE WILL BE NO ACCESS TO THE AIRFIELD BEFORE 1700 ON FRIDAY EVENING.

The yellow route to and from the pits to the entry/exit gate will be in force from 0930. Flying will commence as soon as the brief is complete.

Dick Spreadbury and his capable catering team will be providing hot food (dogs n burgers n bacon sandwiches) and tea, coffee and softies on the weekend...it's not part of the entry fee, it's pay as you go...won't be expensive though!

please remember that this is not a JMA event and as such you do not need to be a member to attend.

From the forecast, it looks like we will be in for a good weekend. Lets hope it stays that way.

I will be on site from late Friday afternoon. Any questions please contact me (Jamie Cuff) at [email protected] or call on 07855 373699aerial-view-02-2.jpg

The first NYE JETS KERO BURN event has now taken place and despite the deluge on Sunday morning i think it could definitely be considered a success. It was nice to see a few of the Elvington guys come down for the event as well as a few other new faces from other parts of the country.

The pit box/queue system seemed to work well and became almost self regulating so this format will be kept for future events. We only had one serious mishap on the Saturday morning and despite a few bent legs etc this was not repeated for the rest of the weekend.

A first for me was hearing of someone taking off with the taxi tank still attached but thankfully they landed the model without issue. The catering certainly proved popular and the 'Big Dick's' went down very well !

Several people took some good photos and hopefully there will be some more of those and some video appearing over the next few days.

With any event, it takes a team to organise and i certainly had a top team working with me. A big thank you to Richard Spreadbury , Roger Kilbey , Ray Leighton , Mark littlewood, Selwyn Read and Sue Clark for the help they gave to make this event the success it has been.

I am planning to hold two events at Throckmorton next year and will post details as soon as the dates are confirmed.

Edited By Jamie Cuff on 14/07/2015 13:11:36

First visit to a jet event (as a spectator), really fantastic day (rain included) So much to look at, and so much advice, I think my head it still spinning.

Looking forward to the next event, and even more so looking forward to the day I can join in.

Thanks guys

Andy

The first NYE JETS KERO BURN event has now taken place and despite the deluge on Sunday morning i think it could definitely be considered a success. It was nice to see a few of the Elvington guys come down for the event as well as a few other new faces from other parts of the country.

The pit box/queue system seemed to work well and became almost self regulating so this format will be kept for future events. We only had one serious mishap on the Saturday morning and despite a few bent legs etc this was not repeated for the rest of the weekend.

A first for me was hearing of someone taking off with the taxi tank still attached but thankfully they landed the model without issue. The catering certainly proved popular and the 'Big Dick's' went down very well !

Several people took some good photos and hopefully there will be some more of those and some video appearing over the next few days.

With any event, it takes a team to organise and i certainly had a top team working with me. A big thank you to Richard Spreadbury , Roger Kilbey , Ray Leighton , Mark littlewood, Selwyn Read and Sue Clark for the help they gave to make this event the success it has been.

I am planning to hold two events at Throckmorton next year and will post details as soon as the dates are confirmed.