DB Vampire building

Chas Morgan

The change of sequence has worked really well and had no problems at all on the second wing. I will have a list of items that may help other builders, but please note they will just be things that I found easier to do and they are not by any means a criticism of the kit and I do not recommend anyone else to follow my comments as opposed to the kit instructions, they are just my personal opinion which could be completely wrong.

day6.jpg

I nearly messed up getting the glue in for the top sheeting, but okay and I had to grab extra pins from my wife!!!!

Notice I have put back the sub frame now and of course using the wing end template. Don't forget to mark out the retract area as it seems to miss this on the instructions, I just drilled a hole at the wheel centre point and also centre in retract mechanism area.

I must buy more pins and white glue tomorrow. The Wren44 turbine is now ordered!!!!day6a.jpgday6b.jpg

The weight is looking good, I weighed the item as above plus the booms, tail, all the control surfaces,a receiver battery, all the servos, and retracts and main wheels are in the above. The weight was 2Kg exactly. The Turbine incl. ancillaries is 0.800Kg. I don't know how much weight the glassing and paint will add, but the hole aircraft completed should certainly be under 7Kg and I would think could well be in the region of 4 to 5Kg which would be brilliant as the Turbine dishes out about 4.5Kg. on full chat.