Motorcycle transportable model

Any ideas?

Tx case can go in a tank bag. But what about the model? Can't be carrying lots of lipos, or field charging equipment on the bike, let alone glow fuel, so a slope soarer or DLG would fit the bill.

A DLG I think would not stand up to the rigours of being strapped to the pillion seat by bungees.

Dream-flight did sell their Alula with a takedown kit - but that limits you to light winds only - and they are out of production. Likewise their Weasel. Might be possible to adapt a Zagi or Wild Thing type flying wing to come apart into two pieces with cunning use of CF tubes and magnets.

Or alternatively the cheap parafoil wing from HK with some kind of unpowered gondola.

Advert

With a 2 piece wing (as one end of each wing is bigger than the other) a box could be built that would house the front of a fuse and the widest ends of the wings, with the rear of the fuse and the tips halves of the wings poking out the back, and the box could be strapped to the rear of the seat or a luggage rack/pannier. The box could be lined with foam suitably cut away to safely hold the front parts securely.

There would be room for a few lipos so a small (50"?) electric plane would be okay.

Just remembered the '384' by Peter Russell or the 384E version (free plan RCM&E Oct 96) The wing folded for transport.

The original had a small diesel so only the model and a small can of fuel to carry ., no starter or glow stick.

Could possibly be carried in a backpack.

MPX Xeno that reminds me I've got a Glider flying wing somewhere in my workshop (well garage) called a Zippy, the wing comes off and folds in half and is held together with a zip, goes very compact. I'll see if i can find and photo it, but I think it was a free RCME or RM plan from a long while ago, at least 25 years.

Hi Daft as it might sound check out the archery dealers for recurve back packs

http://www.bowsports.com/acatalog/Bowsports_Catalogue_Recurve_50.html

these are about 30 inches long and have at least two full length pockets that would probably hold a 50" model with detachable tail and take down wings An easystar for example They have more other pockets than James Bonds underpants for the rest of your kit

Edited By gangster on 08/11/2014 16:18:02