Wot trainer

trebor

Advert

Left the controls alone and made a jig to hold the engine so I can run it in outside. I could see me damaging the plane running and tuning this wink First couple of attempts didnt start, out with the plug and check it works.

img_1972.jpgThen away she went laugh Running rough but its a start. I`d sealed the silencer onto cylinder pot but I seem to be getting un burnt fuel seeping out of split in silencer body but the wind generated from the prop blows it about and its hard to see where it`s coming from.

img_1974.jpg

trebor-as stevo has said do that-use some clear silicone to seal all the metal to metal joins..and when its installed in the model-do the joint to the manifold also and put a small amount on the nut's/threads..so to stop them coming loose....if your set up is for running in-I wouldn't bother-put the motor in the model and run it in-in the air.....each to there own but that is what I would do-set it up aprox on the ground and give it 1/2 dozen flights and only then attempt to set the needle correctly....

ken Anderson.....ne...1 silicone on the nuts dept.

The manual is for guidance ONLY.

Go full tilt, with the needle 1 3/4 turns.Slowly click it in until MAXIMUM revs. Beware - you are running a bit weak here.. wind it out about 1/4 turn and it will slow down. This will run it rich for the time being and would be OK for flying; around 1 an hour of running will see it settling down.

Read the running in notes!

Engine and exhaust now sealed with high temp silicone based seal, mounted with longer bolts and nuts to lock in place. Fitted tank but unsure what to do with fill pipe, do you leave it hanging out of the bottom behind engine or put it in fuel tank compartment. indecision

img_1979.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these four small washers are for ? They don't really look as though they would fit anything dont know

img_1980.jpg

In the photo the black bits are the Spinner Back plate and the Spinner itself, the 4 grey plastic "washers" on the sprue are the hub bushes that come with every APC prop I have ever brought, they fit into the larger of the holes in the prop hub usually the back face which is the precision cut hole

If the batteries in the digital camera were charged I would take a photo of some I have here!

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 28/11/2014 22:09:55

Exactly so, Phil, I fully concur; but I’ve also occasionally centred both props and backplates if necessary when I’ve not had anything else suitable to hand by carefully wrapping insulation tape around the shaft until it’s an exact fit. Very important to cut all the excess width off with new sharp blade though, so that it’s not compressed at all. This lash up may not be to everyone’s liking, but it’s always worked perfectly for me.

For a nice neat fuel filler tube installation a fuel line shut off clamp is the bees knees. Fixed to the side of the fuz with a small screw, it works like a dream!

PB

Trebor

I saw on an earlier post that you have a pressure line (tube) from your exhaust. If so you must seal the filler tube after filling the tank with anything clean that will fit into the end of the tube. It has to be easy to remove before filling. I have used a 15mm length of wooden barbecue skewer for years and keep the rest of it handy so I can break a bit off to use at the field when I loose the original. Even a small bolt will be fine. Tuck the tube down behind the engine to keep it neat. I always have a fuel filter in the filler line too.

I have a small plug which came with the box of bits I got off eBay, but its the length of tube hanging down. If I cut it short it will be ok for flying but no good for filling. There`s a few spare holes with nut-serts for the front wheel mount I could use to hold the tube, its just finding the right thing to do it with. I have so many bits but never the right one laugh

Did those prop bushes (the 4 black rings on the sprue) come with that prop? (or are they grey and just looking black in the photo?)

Because with APC props where they supply bushes they are of the same colour as the prop - have they crept in from a job lot you got?

When you fit the prop onto the engine shaft is there any wobble or is it a decent push fit?

If there is no wobble then you needn't worry about bushes!

Photo 3 : Assembly: Backplate goes onto the engine shaft, then Prop (writing facing away from the engine) then the washer, then the nut, tighten, then fit the Spinner with the two screws into the back plate