Ebay

Erfolg

I have put a model up for sale on Ebay (the Pat Treakle Vega I posted), one of my settings is collection only.

My problem is I now have had three messages asking the same thing will i send it via the post.

I reply i do not think it is a practical proposition, due to size/cost/fragility etc.

I have replied, yet my replies never appear in the queries section of the Ebay listing. What I am doing wrong, that my replies never appear there?

Fixing this would save a lot of typing.

Advert

Erfolg. I am an overseas buyer and for the right item I am happy to pay postage as it is a lot cheaper than collecting.

Collection only will immediately turn off many buyers and restrict your market. For something like this I would use a courier and have had very good results.

It is a fraction too big for me but hey, I am easily swayed.

I do realise the effect of this restriction, although I also do believe that the cost of posting a +2m box that already coming in at 6kg will be more than the model is worth.

My wife is already coming around to the view, that if it cannot be sold, it can stay. Although I think no longer in the bedroom, where it has been on a temporary basis for many years.embarrassed

I really could do with solving the messaging issue.

I now realise, I no longer have the time, patience, work room space, nor bagging equipment to build the model. Plus i never go near a slope, and towing does not appeal, mainly due to flying fields etc.

Hello Erflog.

I use Parcel 2 go (its a comparison site - make sure you check the "more info box" for the courier of your choice - ,as this will give you a guide of max dimensions etc I'd suggest TNT their limit is 50kg and 2.4m) . Best of luck with the sale (I'd buy it if I were nearer!!)

Hi Erfolg.

I've had a lot of succes with Interparcel (they use Hermes as well). However you're right about the size issue. They would probably advise UPS, but are cheaper than going to UPS direct !

Some people find Yodel very good, particularly for awkward size parcels, but I havent used them.

kevinb.

smiley

Although Robins information solved the question of displaying messages and answers, the same question did still keel rolling in.

There appeared to be very little interest initially, other than from those wanting to courier the kit, the model did go for a good price. That is over twice the initial bid price.

There is a degree of irony, mentioning to my wife, that there was little interest, the response was "you can always lower the price or perhaps I will just take it to the tip". This after I had a concession that if it did not sell, I could keep it.

I have since pondered how many kits and models have been taken to the local tip, by wives who see them as clutter and junk?

Enthused, I am now thinking about selling a rare free flight model kit of a FF Monocoupe, produced bt a Canadian company. Then I have a Guillows box, of a large scale Thunderbolt, complete with waste balsa.embarrassed

With respect to the kit, I do hope it gets built and flown and I get to see the build, perhaps on this forum?