An amazing car!

Wendy (Perfect-Pilots)

When we all have 3d printers we can all have one.

It's the future, I'm sure of it, not just cars, little gadgets or ahem, pilots, everything. There's even metal filament 3D printers so where composites can't be used there's still a future for 3D printing.

It's technology that's going to change the world I'm sure and it's not very far away.

Edited By Ian Jones on 14/01/2015 10:44:31

I wonder if there will come a time when it is just normal for homes to have a 3D printer, as it has become with so many amazing gadgets and technology. And I wonder how soon that may be?

And ahem, I hope to continue making bespoke pilots - I hope there will always be a place for hand crafted pilots dressed in proper clothes like real mini people! winkthumbs up

Just working on some simple test prints now on a new one here at school,

went to a days training and familiarization recently and some of the video,s and info we were shown is incredible,

you can check most of this stuff out on you tube!1

printing in metal is well advanced and companies are testing the printing of engine components, electrical components are also being developed that can be printed as well as glass, the upshot of this there is a company in US that is developing systems that will combine these systems into one machine so that in the not to distant future to print a working mobile phone,

Organics is the one that impressed me this is already being tested and results seem to be good, a machine capable of printing skin cells onto burns, using cultured cells taken from the patient and combined with a laser to measure the depth of the burn the machine will then "print" the appropriate depth of skin,

apparently they are already experimenting in US with simple components for white goods, ie a new knob or catch for you washing machine, whereby the part is not sent to you or the store but a file is kept in store and they will print you a new one on request, the ultimate idea is to have this facility in your home they say!! hence I suppose the machine I am now working on is American and called a Replicator, very Star Trek EH!!

chris

But Wendy - I think 3D printing could also be a business interesting for you - you could produce a miniature version of Vecchio Austiaco, Cymaz or whoever is interested, and then put them the clothes on etc (I think only about face details to stay on a political correct stage )

I am sure people would pay for that.

VA, future department

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 14/01/2015 20:40:12

Posted by ceejay on 14/01/2015 11:33:11:

Just working on some simple test prints now on a new one here at school,

went to a days training and familiarization recently and some of the video,s and info we were shown is incredible,

you can check most of this stuff out on you tube!1

printing in metal is well advanced and companies are testing the printing of engine components, electrical components are also being developed that can be printed as well as glass, the upshot of this there is a company in US that is developing systems that will combine these systems into one machine so that in the not to distant future to print a working mobile phone,

Organics is the one that impressed me this is already being tested and results seem to be good, a machine capable of printing skin cells onto burns, using cultured cells taken from the patient and combined with a laser to measure the depth of the burn the machine will then "print" the appropriate depth of skin,

apparently they are already experimenting in US with simple components for white goods, ie a new knob or catch for you washing machine, whereby the part is not sent to you or the store but a file is kept in store and they will print you a new one on request, the ultimate idea is to have this facility in your home they say!! hence I suppose the machine I am now working on is American and called a Replicator, very Star Trek EH!!

chris

Chris, please print me a working replica of a Ford Zephyr Mk2 Estate. thumbs up smile d I guess it'll be ready by around the year 2020 !