2 pole connector quick release

J.N.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a 2 pole connector similar to what is shown in the photo. This particular connector is part of my Yuasa battery charger. Similar connectors are common in the USA, and called Cole Hersee Universal Trailer Connector 2 Pole, or bullet connector, however, having connectors sent over from the USA is a very expensive option. I want to make up a couple of dedicated fitting charging leads to enable me to use the one charger for various charging needs and need to source some connectors, failing this type of connector does anyone know of an alternative.

Thanks.

connector 002.jpg

We have the same problem with Optimates on the bikes - they have recently changed to that type of connector.
So I just make the supplied tail into an adapter by snipping the battery end and fitting whatever is required - Tamiya model-car connectors are popular on bikes, both my lads are Tamiyas, mine has a DIN 2-pin speaker socket, some have a fag-lighter socket, I just make up whats needed. Another adapter to a simple pair of croc clips is always handy.

Cheers
Phil

I use a similar arrangement to connect my field charger to a range of power sources cigar lighter caravan socket. ,croc clips 4mm etc. for this I use normal crimp on bullet connectors from the car accessory shop. Connected in the same way as your charger lead it is impossible to reverse polarity. It is also possible that they might interface with your existing lead

Posted by Essjay on 23/01/2015 22:11:21:

Probably too late now but Maplins have them

Link

Edited By Essjay on 23/01/2015 22:28:16

Edited By Essjay on 23/01/2015 22:28:39

Thanks. Yes I have ordered 2 x sets from another source. It appears that I had the wrong description for the U.K., these connectors are called SAE and only known as trailer connectors in the specialized motor trade.