Looking for something to put a 26cc petrol engine in

Martin Whybrow

I seem to have bought another engine, a 26cc petrol engine this time. Now I'm looking for a suitable home; I'm thinking either a bipe of perhaps a high wing scale model. Not really looking for anything like a Spit or Mustang, something a little slower and more forgiving. Oh, and as per the section heading, ideally looking for a kit rather than an ARTF, although I wouldn't rule a nicely built ARTF out. Get your suggestions rolling in.

Advert

Hiya, I was "donated", a jamara turbo porter, 96" span....yuk I thought (and still do a bit), but stuck a DLE 30 in it and boy have I had some fun. I normally fly 3D and aerobatic stuff, but have taken to "STOL and potter", when the mood takes me. They are a marmite model to look at, but fly great, loads of flap and crow mixes!!!, handles all weather and bumpy ground....DLE is not scale performance, but who cares!, it's a hoot, and it gets a lot of attention at the club for a "plodder". Bound to be a kit or decent ARTF out there.

just a thought. Other model of this size I have is a PICA 1/5th Waco. If you can find a kit...they are beautiful. Bound to be a stearman, or jungmeister/jungman type kit around.

please no more cubs or taylorcraft types......yawn!!!!

good luck

Yum, ooooo maule great shout. I have a 96" in the loft. Go ugly go proud my friend. As the wise man at the field said, once they are up, they all look the same and all look grey!! ( we fly in Manchester!)!...or other relevant phrases! it's not what you have! it's what you do with what you have! beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc etc...

decathlon is the natural evolution of a cub to me!